Autopay discount
Zeberga

I have enrolled with autopay using my debit Card  so that discount would be applied to my bill. But for several months I have never seen the discount applied to the monthly bill. When I contacted the customer services I was informed that my payment method is registered as credit card and I am not able to get the discount. This look a scam to avoid applying the discount to the bill.  I have been paying using my Debit card for several years. 

Now I was informed that the complaint will be sent to the accounting department.  And I am still waiting for response.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Autopay discount
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you referring to the discount on Verizon Wireless service, your issue has been reported a number of times on the Verizon Wireless Community forum as well. Unfortunately the discount requires the automatic payment method to be either your checking account or debit card. Since most reports are from users wanting to use their debit card which seems to be registered as a credit card, most of corrective action solutions have been to switch the automatic payments to the checking account. As for why the system can't tell the difference between a debit card and the credit card, I can't say. I suspect it might be because most debit cards have a dual function and can be used for both debit and credit transactions and includes credit protections. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

jonjones1
Legend

Best advice I can give you is stop automatic payments. You can then pay as one time payment and since your not getting the discount anyway why jump through hoops?

never do auto payment since you are giving Verizon free access to your money in your account. Paying by credit card has stronger protections and it’s easier to chargeback their payment if a situation arises.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

If you referring to the discount on Verizon Wireless service, your issue has been reported a number of times on the Verizon Wireless Community forum as well. Unfortunately the discount requires the automatic payment method to be either your checking account or debit card. Since most reports are from users wanting to use their debit card which seems to be registered as a credit card, most of corrective action solutions have been to switch the automatic payments to the checking account. As for why the system can't tell the difference between a debit card and the credit card, I can't say. I suspect it might be because most debit cards have a dual function and can be used for both debit and credit transactions and includes credit protections. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

Ashley141

Do you know if it is possible to sign up for autopay with a checking account, but then pay with a credit card before autopay processes? (So that you recieve the discount and still get protections and points from credit card).

I set this up for other bills, but am not sure if Verizon allows or guards against this tactic.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Here is something to ponder. Say you get on autopay with your bank account. Then you go online and pay a one time payment with your credit card. The credit card payment is accepted and just say the invoice is $100 and then “by accident” the same amount is debited out of your bank account.

for that mistake it now is $100 more than you can afford. Verizon will not refund the amount back, you would have to dispute the first payment with your credit card company. This results in a charge back, Verizon computer states the chargeback results in loss of auto pay plus a fee for the returned payment (even though it was paid) now has that $10 off worth the aggravation ? And you lose auto pay.

never ever give anyone your account access. It’s not wise. Just make one time payments. 

Ann86

I contacted with an agent earlier today, who told me I have to set up with a debit card to get the $10 discount. Now I updated my account to link with a debit card. Can you please adjust my payment/plan with $10 discount? Thanks!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hello Ann86,

This community is meant mainly for peer-to-peer support. If you need to talk to a Verizon representative, you should contact customer service directly though one of the methods available on our Support page.

0 Likes
passiontouch65

yeah like verizon would do that?!!!no way!! they're a reputable company for sure!!

0 Likes
passiontouch65

i believe you can do that but that ultimately defeats the purpose of using the debit .chking source for the discount,,,,i have done it when i knew that the money wouldnt be in acct when bill was due but always switched back to the auto for the said discount,,you get ten percent off using auto pay so why not>?!!!

0 Likes
passiontouch65

no offense the whole idea is to use debit option for the discount not to scam a company!!

0 Likes