Autopay stopped working
Lilacs1

In August my autopay stopped working.  I had no idea as it's something I just don't pay attention to.  I didn't change my credit card (it was still on the account, just no setup for autopay).  One thing I did notice is that there was a message that they automatically changed my account number (I saw no explanation as to why, I didn't change services or anything).  I think this has something to do with it.

My bill was 3 months late.  I don't mind that I have to pay the back charges.  I don't even mind to pay the late fees (though verizon should have offered that without my requesting it).  What I do mind is the possibility that this will impact my credit negatively.  I might be buying a house soon.

I called to ask about this.  The first person I spoke was actually very nice and commisserated with my situation.  However, he couldn't answer my question.  So he forwarded me to another division.  I explained the situation.  I didn't make any changes, it just stopped autopay etc, etc.  I'll pay online no problem, but is this going to impact my credit?  

She laughs a bit dirisively about it saying they wouldn't do that since they are not a credit card coimpany.  So we're basically done, but then she starts wondering what could have caused it to stop working.  Has my credit card expired?  No.  Did I change something? No.  She's phrasing this in a way that she clearly doesn't believe me.  She says they don't have the card on my account at all....I see it when I sign in so no sure what to say.

Then she starts asking again if I'm going to make a payment as if skeptical about the whole thing.  I tell her that I will, but now I don't really trust what she's saying about the credit report.  I requested that she re-iterate that this will not appear on my credit report, but she got annoyed that I would ask that question twice and said she doesn't know how else to phrase it so I'll understand.  Apparently she's allowed to ask me the same question multiple times, but I can't do the same.

Anyway, long story short, I don't believe what she's telling me.  If a bill is 3 months overdue will that appear in anyway on a credit report?

0 Likes
Re: Autopay stopped working
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Lilacs,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Carol421

I pay both my Verizon wireless and phone/internet bills through my credit union; I used to get email alerts for both bills sent to my email address at home from Verizon and a follow up reminder from my credit union; back in August I got a notice from my credit union telling me that they were deactivating my auto pay with Verizon for my phone/internet bill (it did not affect my Verizon wireless bill). 

At the same time last August, I was notified by Verizon that I had been given a new account number.  I thought that the reason the credit union deactivated the autopay was due to the change in account numbes, so I re-established auto pay with them with my new account number. 

However, I no longer get email notificatons from Verizon or my credit union; twice now I've missed my monthly payments or gone 60 days past due because I don't get any email reminders.  Why is it so difficult to ask that this service be resumed the way it was before my account number was changed.  I even contacted Verizon and asked that they mail me my bill the way they used to even though I was paying on line.

So in other words I no longer get any billing notification, either by email or through the mail from Verizon, so I have to remember to log into my Verizon account to get my "amount due" and it's very annoying to have to do so.  I get a bill either through the mail or email from all my other service providers.

Why can't I get an email billing notificaiton sent to to my home address when my Verizon phone/internet bill is due?  Verizon is the only service provider who now sends me no bill.  I have to remember to log on and pay at the right time of the each monthly billing cycle.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Carol42,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

0 Likes
Lilacs1

This has not happened yet.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Lilacs,

We have notified the team that you are still awaiting a reply.

0 Likes
Lilacs1

Hi, There still doesn't seem to be a response.  Since the autopay stopped working due to an issue on verizon end and since the billing person was implying I was lying and never set it up properly, I think it would be a nice gesture to refund the late fee.  Or at least respond in some way.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Lilacs,

Did you ever receive an email from the eCenter?  If not, have you checked your spam or junk folders?

0 Likes
ab121

It looks like I shouldn't expect a meaningful response from posting here but as this is the only avenue of assistance avaialble to me until Tuesday I guess I have to use it.

My autopay paid for a bill on April 2 but did not on May 2. I'm approaching June 2 and now am seeing late fees for the bill autopay failed to pay on May 2. It was a pain in the **bleep** setting up autopay in the first place and it took a solid month or two for it to kick in - but I'm not going to pay a late fee because autopay decided to stop working. Part of me suspects this is deliberate on Verizon's part, hoping that customers won't notice or won't want to go through the hassle of straightening out the issue.

Sorry, but this has been a frustrating process, here's my support question/request:

Remove the late fee for the May bill autopay and ensure that this late fee doesn't get applied again.

0 Likes