Receive up to $504 promo credit ($180 w/Welcome Unlimited, $360 w/ 5G Start, or $504 w/5G Do More, 5G Play More, 5G Get More or One Unlimited for iPhone plan (Welcome Unlimited and One Unlimited for iPhone plans can't be mixed w/other Unlimited plans; all lines on the account req'd on respective plans)) when you add a new smartphone line with your own 4G/5G smartphone on an eligible postpaid plan between 2/10/23 and 4/5/23. Promo credit applied over 36 months; promo credits end if eligibility requirements are no longer met.
$699.99 (128 GB only) device payment purchase or full retail purchase w/ new smartphone line on One Unlimited for iPhone (all lines on account req'd on plan), 5G Start, 5G Do More, 5G Play More or 5G Get More plan req'd. Less $699.99 promo credit applied over 36 mos.; promo credit ends if eligibility req’s are no longer met; 0% APR.
On Black Friday (2018/11/23), I signed up for Fios Triple Play (Gigabit Connection + Custom TV & Phone) with a 2-year agreement for $79.99/mo w/ Auto Pay (minus $5/mo for signing up online - i.e. $74.99/mo). I signed up on Black Friday Weekend when there were several promotions going on AND I used a referral link from a friend. As of this point, 1 bill payment has been made thus far (for the correct amount), but I have yet to receive any of the promotional items. Based on other forum threads, it looks like I am not alone.
Here is everything which I am still owed:
1) $100 Amazon.com Gift Card (Black Friday Weekend Bonus)
2) Voucher for a Subscription for 1 year of Amazon Prime (current value of $119)
3) Voucher for an Amazon Echo, 2nd Generation (current value of $99.99 + tax)
4) $100 Prepaid Mastercard for myself through the referral
5) $100 Prepaid Mastercard for my friend through the referral
Here is my timeline:
- FRI 2018/11/23: Signed up online for the Fios Black Friday Weekend Bonus using a referral link which my friend sent me.
- FRI 2018/11/30: Had Fios service installed. I looked at my account online and it showed that I could register for the Prime subscription and Echo on 2018/12/31.
- FRI 2018/12/07: Got first e-mail from Verizon indicating that I can register for the $100 Amazon Gift Card from the Black Friday Weekend Bonus. When I clicked on the link, it took me to a sign in page for my account. After logging in, I could click a red "Register" button for the gift card showed up in my account (it says "Please do not forget to register for your Amazon.com Gift Card before 02/05/2019"). Ever since this date, whenever I click to register, it briefly says "Retrieving Customer Data", but then eventually goes to https://rewards.verizon.com/sorry-no-record/ where it says "Sorry. We could not find a matching record for the account information provided. Please note that if your service was installed within the last 24-48 hours, our system may not yet be updated with your new account information. Please wait 24-48 hours, then log back into My Verizon and click on the "Fios Welcome Bonus" link to complete the registration of your card or check your card shipping status. If you feel you have received this message in error, please contact us at 1.800.837.4966.
- FRI 2018/12/07: Note that my account also now showed that I could only register for the Prime subscription and Echo on 2019/01/06 instead of 2018/12/31 as it had previously shown.
- MON 2018/12/10: I figured I would wait at least 48 hours before trying to register for the Gift Card again, but once again, I got the same "Sorry. We could not find a matching record..." message.
- SAT 2018/12/15: I dialed 1.800.837.4966 and reported the "Sorry. We could not find a matching record..." message. I had a 20-minute conversation (recorded), where the customer service rep tried to figure out what was going on, but decided to call me back. When she called me back, she said that there was a glitch in the system and that I should try again to register in 48 hours.
- FRI 2018/12/21: Got a second e-mail from Verizon indicating that I can register for the $100 Amazon Gift Card from the Black Friday Weekend Bonus. I tried registering again, but got the same "Sorry. We could not find a matching record..." message.
- FRI 2018/12/28: I had three recorded calls with 1.800.837.4966 which lasted over 2 1/2 hours. I was passed from customer service rep to rep. At one point, I was told that they looked into my account and I was not eligible for $100 Amazon Gift Card, the Prime membership or the Echo (to which I replied that I had plenty of evidence this was incorrect). I asked to be elevated to a supervisor and was told that a supervisor would call me back (they never did).
- SUN 2018/12/30: I logged into my account. I tried registering for the $100 Amazon.com Gift Card again, but got the same "Sorry. We could not find a matching record..." message. Unfortunately, I noticed something else this time - the links to access the Prime membership and Echo on 2019/01/06 no longer appeared in my account.
- SUN 2019/01/06: I logged into my account. tried registering for the $100 Amazon.com Gift Card again, but got the same "Sorry. We could not find a matching record..." message. The links to access the Prime membership and Echo on 2019/01/06 still no longer appear in my account.
So, Verizon is now past due on the $100 Amazon.com Gift Card for the Black Friday Weekend Bonus, the 1 year subscription of Amazon Prime and the Amazon Echo. I would like my case to be escalated IMMEDIATELY such that I receive these promotional items ASAP.
Regarding the referral bonus - it is early (according to https://www.verizon.com/support/residential/account/manage-account/refer-friend, the conditions state that "Once your account has been active for 60 days with no past due balance, you are eligible for a Prepaid Mastercard® worth up to $100. Check your email for instructions on how to register for the card."). My account will have been active for 60 days on WED 2019/01/29. I have ZERO confidence that Verizon will honor the $100 Prepaid Mastercard referral bonus which both my friend and I are owed...
It is shocking to see all of the people reporting these same issues with Verizon through these forums. Quite shady and pathetic!
Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.