Bait And Switch
mklawry

I'm not a happy customer right now.  I've been with verizon for 2 years without a contract.  I had a Verizon rep call me last month to explain my bundle credits were about to run out and if I signed a 2 year contract they could keep me at the same rate.  I stated that i hated signing contracts but would talk to my wife and call back.  The rep assured the offer would be availalbe as long as i called back befor the credits i had expired.  Well i called back and now they tell me all rate plans have changed and the offer i was given does not exist anymore.  If i sign a new contract my bill will go up by $10 immediatley, then by $20 two months later and then by another $20 ten months later!!!  So for the last year of the contract i'll be paying $50 more each month then what i paid each month for the last two years!!  This is crazy.  I called and spoke with a supervisor because i was willing to pay more but not that much more.  Unfortunately, they could not help. I loved Verizon Fios before, but now i'm very unsatified and will probably go with another provider.  Has anyone else had a similar experience?  BTW  BrightHouse has a promotion for $80 triple play.

0 Likes
Re: Bait And Switch
blondelin310

After many years of dodging Verizon, I recently joined because I got this promotion for 2 yrs without a contract which expired on 6/16/12.   No one at Verizon knows about this plan even though I have faxed them these promotions so they only have me down for 1 yr without a contract.  This has been going on for 3 weeks now and when I call them, they show it's resolved (??!!)

I too agree that this is a bait and switch.  I am going to the attorney general about this.  I feel I've been conned.  The only thing good about all this, is that I will probably get better deals now from other sources.

0 Likes
cmcsrock

I've been a verizon customer for 4 years.  Bait and switch are the exact words I recently used in a call with VZ cust service.  Contract was up in March, so in late January was using the Online Chat to ask some questions.  Online chat said they could handle renewing my contract for me.  Of course per usual, price in for renewing was higher than previous contract, but I was told I qualified for a $300 visa check card.  That covered the higher cost for 2-year contract, so I went ahead and completed enrollment.  Renewed service started in March with the increased monthly bill.  The $300 visa card wouldn't be sent for 3 month, so I didn't think about it until a few weeks ago.  I called VZ cust service and asked when I would receive my visa $'s.  At that time, the VZ rep informed me that their records weren't showing me as eligible to receive this and that the $300 visa promotion was only good for new FIOS customers.  When I challenged this, the response was that I needed to show them proof (via e-mail or letter from VZ) that I had actually received this offer.  I don't recall ever receiving an e-mail on this and the only letter I received was about switching to a digital hardline phone.  At this point the cust rep said... sorry, nothing  we can do about it.  Given the increased monthly rate for the new contract, I would not have renewed without the $300 visa card and that's why I said that VZ pulled a 'bait and switch' on me.

0 Likes
bmiller023

I too had the bait and switch pulled on me. I was offered the $300 Visa Gift card for signing a 2 year contract, and was told I would receive it within 90 days. About 4 months later I recall that I have not received the card. When I contacted Verizon, I was told I was not eligible for the gift card based on my package. I signed up for the Triple Play, which is what qualified for the gift card. It amazes me that a large corporation like this can pull of such a dirty marketing tactic, TO IT'S BRAND NEW CUSTOMERS!!! I look forward to spreading the word and will not give another dollar to Verizon after my contract it up.

0 Likes
Re: Bait And Switch- Better off moving to a new provider
williamchow

My 2 yrs contract was up. Walked into an actual store and was promised to keep my existing monthly triple play price the same in exchange for another 2yrs contract. 1st month it was the same. 2nd month the price shoots up an additional $40. I called and spoke to retentions and was told the package I have was excellent and they would not be making nor giving me any monthly discounts. Not worth the run around and time wasted talking to their representatives. I said good bye and will be moving on to another provider.   

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hi williamchow

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello williamchow,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close the private thread. If you still need help with the bill price change or ever need anything else, please let us know in a new public thread.

Thank you,
-Jeramy

0 Likes