Before I contact the Better Business Bureau...
Bclerico

...I thought I would post my complaint here to see if anyone has any advice for me.

This issue originates with the fact that Verizon has been charging me for a service that I had disconnected (second phone line) in Dec 2016.  I have repeatedly contacted them and they have verified that the service was disconnected - and even sent technicians to my house 3 times to confirm.  Yet they continued to bill me. Recently I was able to get them to re-provision my service and successfully stopped the erroneous billing, but in order to complete it they said they had to send a technician to my house. We agreed on the new service items and price - I even had to indicate my approval via a link I was sent. The technician came and said that in order to complete my new order he had to replace the outside terminal and assured me several times that there would not be a charge.  I asked the technician to be sure to annotate in his log or my account that there was to be no charge for replacing the terminal. I was quite concerned because of several times in the past when Verizon has misrepresented their offers and services in my dealings with them. I believe Verizon engages in deceptive business practices by lying to customers, adding unauthorized services to accounts, and making it impossible to correct the issues.  This is an organized and coordinated deceptive business practice which I believe is criminal in nature. It took me a year and half to get them to stop billing me for a disconnected service; and then they turned around and added a different service to my account without my permission. In my interactive chat with a Verizon rep (Myle) on July 14 2018, s/he assured me multiple times that I authorized the new service, which of course I did not. S/he was unable to produce documentation that I authorized the addition of the service.  

Has anyone had a similar experience?  How did you handle it?  Did you have an acceptable outcome?  Has anyone used the BBB, Federal Trade Commision, or Dept of Consumer Affairs to help?  Any guidance would be much appreciated!

0 Likes
Re: Before I contact the Better Business Bureau...
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi Bclerico,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes