Being Charged for Free Set Top Box
atmart

I don't know if this qualifies as an idea but since I am unable to get a straight answer from the reps over the phone, I will post this here in the hopes that someone at Verizon acknowledges this and contacts me.  I have had this service since September 2013 and I have had nothing but problems. I signed up for phone, internet and cable services, was initally mislead on the package that I agreed to which ended up costing me more money.  That surprise came on the day of installation.  I immediately called and the supervisor was extremely rude and unhelpful.  So I ate the difference in money  and still had the service installed against the wishes of my husband ( I should have listened to him!).  As if that wasn't enough, I was being charged for a set-top box in addition to the charge for the DVR box.  My contract stated that the set-top box would be free for as long as I remained a customer, yet a charge of $5.99 plus tax appeared on my bill. No problem, I called and spoke with a rep who was extremely helpful and even saw the order confirmation email that was sent to me indicating the free box. She said that she would refer it to another department that would fix it and it should take one billing cycle.  She also went ahead and credited the account.  I thought problem solved. I was wrong.  For the next three months, the charge kept appearing on the bill, I kept having to contact Verizon and speak with terrible supervisors.  The reps were fine, I just by-pass them and ask for a supervisor.  Whether the supervisor was actually a supervisor or another rep pretending to be a supervisor, only they know.  Either way, it was always the same thing, "it will take a billing cycle to correct"! Meanwhile, I am in the midst of contending with a serious illness while dealing with total incompetence and disrespect from Verizon.  I lost track of how many people I spoke too.  However, the last two calls I spoke with "supervisor" Gideon who assured me that he would look into the matter and call me back.  That was the first call with him.  Never heard back. Called again, asked for a supervisor and got Gideon again! Reminded him of the call that he never followed up on, he claimed he called, no one answered.  I said you could have left a message. He then clamined he had the wrong number! Seriously?! He then said the account was fixed and indicated that he would call me back on 1/25 when bill had generated, issue a $15 credit and see what else he could offer for all of the aggravation and inconvenience I suffered. I have yet to receive a call. So I called Verizon, spoke to another supervisor who told me that one supervisor has to way of getting in contact with another. Really? A telecommunications company?! When I then asked who do I file a complaint with, he was very unhelpful. When I asked him who is the regulatory body in charge of Verizon, he wouldn't specify, instead telling me that there are more than one. I then became frustrated and hung up the phone.  Since no one at Verizon is able to help me and be truthful, I will start my complaint process with the FCC. I'm sure they would be able to help me. Ridiculous service and incompetent reps and so-called supervisors. When my contract is up, so is my service with them!

0 Likes
Re: Being Charged for Free Set Top Box
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi atmart,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hi atmart,

Glad we could resolve this issue for you!

Let us know if you ever need our assistance again.

Best,

Art

0 Likes
don245

Well all i can say is what in the heck is going on here???    

I applied for triple play bundle, online, which included a free set top box. Now i get the bill and i am being charged for it?? I went to customer chat and basically was told i was lying.  Called customer service and they said too bad, should have read the email they sent to me.  I told them i regarded that email as a receipt. I filled out everything online. Paid for it online, confirmed it online, set up installation online. I assumed the email was just a confirmation.   Still i am told "too bad" theres nothing we can do.  Well theres something i can do, cancel and never come back to Verizon, also cancel my works Enterprise acct. Tell all my neighbors who are not happy with Verizon either.  I actually cannot believe that a company like verizon would tell you one thing and then pull a bad business trick like adding extra charges that they said you would not be charged for!!!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi don245,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

don245, due to multiple failed attempts to reach you we will be closing this private support case.

If you need further assistance with Verizon service feel free to send us another post.

Thank you,

^Matthew

0 Likes
don245

I havent gone to this area because i have been told there isnt anything Verizon can do....What further information do you require other what has been told to you already??

0 Likes
don245

This issue has NOT been resolved,because you cannot contact me in the forum its resolved? Text my phone, call me, im sure Verizon has my phone number.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi don245,

We have reopened your Private Support case.  Please follow the instructions posted previously to access your case.  The agents do not monitor the public boards and will need to hear from you in the private support area before they can begin assisting you.

0 Likes
don245

where is the private support area??

0 Likes