Billiing Issue - Labor Charge
enidink

I was having problems with my internet connection service dropping and the inability to watch cable from the set top boxes.  After multple calls with Tech Support and switching out my router they decided it would be best to send out someone to the house.  

The Technician located the problem underneath the house, the cable wiring was corroded.  How this happens I don't know. But I would think something like this, because of no fault of my own, would be covered by verizon. However, when I looked at my bill I got hit with a $91 labor charge!  Is this a normal charge? I would imagine that any issues with the wiring outside of my home would be covered by Verizon. 

0 Likes
Re: Billiing Issue - Labor Charge
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Just a friendly reminder, this is a forum where users help other users. It looks like your issue may require a Verizon representative to review your account details. Please visit our Support page for a variety of ways to contact Verizon, including “Ask Verizon,” our virtual chat agent, and customer support phone numbers.

0 Likes
armond_in_nj1
Master - Level 1

@enidink wrote:

I was having problems with my internet connection service ... After multple calls with Tech Support ... they decided it would be best to send out someone to the house.  

The Technician located the problem underneath the house, the cable wiring was corroded ... I would think something like this, because of no fault of my own, would be covered by verizon ... when I looked at my bill I got hit with a $91 labor charge!  Is this a normal charge? I would imagine that any issues with the wiring outside of my home would be covered by Verizon. 

Like many things, it depends.  When you say " ... problem underneath the house, the cable wiring was corroded ..." you haven't indicated which wiring was corroded.  If the wiring in question is the fiber or other wiring that VZ uses to connect to one of their devices (e.g., the ONT) prior to connecting to the remainder of the devices and gear inside the building, then yes, it would be VZ's responsibility.

However if the "cable" refers to coax or similar that's running "downstream" from where the Verizon cables are connected to your home, then that wire is your responsibility since it's "downstream" from VZ gear and equipment.  All of these terms and conditions are fully detailed in the VZ Terms of Service available online on the MyVerizon pages.

It's possible to purchase a service agreement for such wiring, but evidently you did not.  Under ordinary circumstances, VZ is only responsible for wiring up to the point where it's connected to a suitable VZ device (ONT, etc.).

0 Likes
head2

I have the same situation. It is verizon`s problem. Does this $91 explicitly written in the agreement? You can not charge us without let us kno how much you are going to charge.

0 Likes
head2

It is completely rip off. I could not believe verizon is doing this.

0 Likes
unsatisfiedwise
They just did the same thing to me. Tech was supposed to come between 8 and 12 he didn't show up til 8pm. Then he hooked the jack up in my apt home went outside for 5 minutes and came back in hooked my Internet up and left. I received a bill for $170.00 extra charge for work he did that I never knew he did or told me nothing. No one from Verizon is helping me I'm just supposed to give money away without me being aware of the charges. It's just ridiculous. I'm canceling mt service and writing letters and reporting them to bbb. Oh don't forget my local government officials office
0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello unsatisfiedwise,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close the private thread. If you still need help with install charges or ever need anything else, please let us know in a new public thread.

Thank you,
-Jeramy

0 Likes