Billing Problem - Unresolved
dwitos
Enthusiast - Level 1

Hi,

I have a billing problem that is currently unresolved. I received a bill on my account that was much higher than normal (more than double the usual amount), so I called to ask what had happened to my account (currently subscribed to the Double-Play bundle of phone and internet). Apparently, Verizon messed up not one month but TWO MONTHS worth of bills, one month in which they didn't bill me (the bill showed as $0 due and when I called, they stated that that was correct) and another month in which they billed for the phone, but not for the internet portion of my Double-Play bundle.

Now, they told me my only option to paying the bill that I cannot now afford is to file a "claim", which allows me to portion off the bill over 90 days, on top of the next 3 normal monthly bills. I don't think that I should be "back-paying" on my bills, especially for something that was Verizon's error to begin with. On top of that, I'm not even being billed monthly on the proper amount. I originally ordered a Double-Play bundle of 44.99/month (including discounts) with enhanced high speed internet, which took weeks instead of days to begin service, and when it did begin, it was at a lower speed than quoted when purchased, and even then, the actual internet speed wasn't any better (if not worse) than the original .1-1.0mbps speeds I already had before. I also called to add a promo code to my account, to get this Double-Play bundle at 34.99/month, which they said they added, but I'm still getting billed for 44.99/month plus taxes & surcharges.

I'd like this issue resolved immediately by having these additional billing charges dropped, since it is rude and inexcusable to be "back-billed" for Verizon's multiple errors and poor internet service. If not, I will be changing internet service providers immediately, since the internet quality is horrendous and customer service acts helpful but leaves everything unresolved and adds more problems with each call.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Billing Problem - Unresolved
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dwitos,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi dwitos,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

dwitos,
Since we have not heard back from you, we are now closing out this private support case.  If you still have additional questions please feel free to post on your original thread. 

-Amanda_M 

0 Likes
eap11
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have received an incorrect bill and cannot get help through verizon customer service.  On august 13 all of my bills showed paid in full.  On September 19 verizon sent a bill for two months with a statemnt that my account was in arrears.  Customer service has acknowledged that the bill is wrong but cannot make the necessary adjustments.  I am not able to reach anyone in the billing department which is supposedly where this can be straightened out.  And to make it all the more frustrating Verizon does not provide an effective method to communicate billing problems.

Has anyone else had success resolving billing disputes and how did you reach them to make this possible?

I am posting here because the only other option I have is private messages but no address to send them.  It is very frustrating that verizon does not provide knowledgeable staff that can help resolve billing errors or even provide an effective means to communicate the error.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Hello eap1

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes