Billing issue still unresolved
JustBeFair

I need a ticket opend for a billing issue that I have been trying to resolve sine 11/18.  The following has been previously posted:

I used the Temporary Suspension feature for the first time.  I called on 10/16 and asked to be suspended from 11/1/17 to 5/1/18.  I was told that would be done and received a confirming email which I did receive.  I was told that I would receive a bill on 11/3 that would require me to pay $58.63 which is the suspension fee and that I would not receive any other bill until I was reactivated.  On 11/3, I received a bill of $165 for service from 11/4-12/3, a period for which my service was to be suspended. There was $0 previous balance on the bill.   Because I am traveling, it too a while for the bill to catch up to me (and of course I wasn't expecting it).  On 11/29, I called and explained the situation.  I was told that the mistake would be fixed and the billing error would be resolved.  I was told that I should expect my next bill to be for $58.63 Suspension charge.  I received the 12/3 bill and it included the past due amount for service 11/4-12/3 plus service charges for 12/4-1/3/18 - all in the period that was to be suspended. It did have an adjustment of $18 for the period 11/29-12/3.  So on 12/6 I called.  I was again told that the amount would be adjusted and back dated for the period 11/1.  I was told to pay the $58.63 and there would be no further charge.  I paid the amount of $58.63, the suspension charge, electronically and it posted on 12/8.  I received no other paper bill, but did receive an email stating my bill was overdue.  On 1/5 I attempted to call, but the wait time was over 1 hour. I connected by Chat to an Agent.  I explained the situation.  The agent told me that my service was disconnected on 10/17 and reactivated. Obviously not what I ordered and Verizon's mistake.  I was told that the suspension could not take place for 30 days after that, which is why I was billed.  The agent told me that all adjustments were made and I owed $69.  We went around and around (I can provide the 27 pages of chat) with no satisfation.  Facts from my side are as follows:

10/16 asked for Temprary Suspension from 11/1 to 5/1/18.  agreed to and confirmed.

11/3 Bill - $0 balance forward and Billed for service from 11/4-12/3

11/29 Tel call explaining error in billing - Verizon says to be fixed.

12/3 Bill - amount of 11/3 bill + bill for service 12/4 to 1/3/18 - $18 adjustment

12/6 Tel call explaining error in billing - Verizon to fix.  I was told to pay $58.63   Temporary Suspension charge (payment posted 12/8)

12/9 Verizon issued a partial credit of $81 ( I am assuming this is for 12/4-1/3 service)

1/4 Action required email received for Bill outstanding of $69

1/5 Chat session with no resolution.  Was told Amount due would be froze Iand I would be contacted by email.  Never contacted.

I have chatted and been told this issue would be resolved in 24-48 hours.  Never happened.  Every time I asked I was told "still working on it.

Now my account is suspended.  Really?  If I call I am asked to make a payment.  In justice beyond belief.  Last year I paid 1 year in advance when traveling.  This year, I wanted to use they Temporary Suspension.

To my point - I asked for and was granted temporary suspension fro 11/1 to 5/1/18.  I owed nothing prior.  I agreed to pay the charge and when told to pay it - did.  I should owe nothing.

Please escalate this to someone with the authority to provide some answers and that can make the appropriate adjustments.  If not I will escalate to the New York State Public Service Commission and the NYS attorney General.

0 Likes
Re: Billing issue still unresolved
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon Agent.  

0 Likes