Boxing match scam
Oll1

As many other users reported, I was charged $79.99 for a UFC match on 04/25 which nobody ordered or viewed in my family. Most probably it was one of Verizon pop-up advertisements which you try to get rid of by pressing some buttons on the remote - and if you press OK button - you are charged - even if you did not realize it that you just ordered something you had no intentions to order. I tried to speak to an agent - no luck removing this charge, I tried supervisor next - still same response - our system shows the you ordered and watched it. How can they know they watched it? They said your Fios box was tuned to that program for 9 hours straight. So, if UFC match started at 9pm, =9 hour of watching - this would be till 6am. I told them that this does not make any sense - TV was off all night long, just the Fios box was on until we woke up at 6am and turned on TV and switch the channel. Well, logical reasoning is not a good friend with Verizon supervisors - so supervisor refused to issue a credit. I think I should make a case with the local BBB, if this does not help - this is clearly a Verizon's unfair business practice.

0 Likes
Re: Boxing match scam
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Oll,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes