COMPLAINT: New customer activation... Where is my equipment???
ayalcusner

I signed up for new service (triple-play), to begin on 6/30, and figured that the self-installation option would be the easiest for everyone. I can't believe how wrong I was...

DAY 1:

Leading up to the activation date, I checked in once or via phone to confirm that all was good to go for the 30th. All sounds good. On the 30th, nothing comes and I call to receive information. The rep tells me that my delivery date is actually 7/1 and that everything should arrive without fail. Nothing arrives. I call again with the intention of  determining the status of the package and get transferred at least twice to various departments. I finally end up on the phone with someone (in billing, maybe) who proceeds to keep me on hold for 45 minutes, checking in every 5 minutes or so by racing through some canned phrase ("Sir-thank-you-for-waiting-I'm-still-looking-into-the-status-of-your-order"). After about 30 minutes I realize I need to try and catch her in one of the 3-second spans she's actually on the line with me. I do, and she tells me that she's on hold with the warehouse, and that's why she has to get back off of my line. 

Meanwhile, I figure I'll the the live chat support option, since my entire afternoon is wasted anyway. This service was HORRIBLE and equally useless. Rather than getting transferred 3 times on the phone, I just proceeded to get transferred multiple times online. Here's the convo fro mthat exchange (phone number's removed):

{edited for privacy}

If you wasted any time reading that, you'll notice it was pointless and that I eventually left (I had to - I can't spend my entire owrk day dealing with this garbage). Of course, no one called me back on either of the numbers I provided. Oh, I also ended up hanging up on the phone call for the same reason.

Time wasted: over 2 hours

DAY 2 (Today):

I figure I'll try again, since time at 8:45AM. Same process - same results:

1. Call

2. Transfer

3. Transfer (to billing)

4. Hold

5. Hold more with intermittent, pointless checki-ns

6. Struggle to catch rep mid-sentence

When I finally catch the woman on the other line (Ms. Graham, in the Maryland call center), I beg her to tell me what is happening. She basically says she has no clue, and that she's on the phone with the  warehouse. This time, I ask to speak to a manager, which she resists. After I ask more strong she says ok and puts me on hold. Of course, a manager never comes and Ms. Graham picks up the phone to tell me that he manager is now on the phone with the warehouse doing exactly what she was doing earlier. I ask to speak to hear manager, and she says no. I ask her for her manager's name, and SHE REFUSES TO TELL ME saying that only her manager can give out her name! So now I'm in some kind of messed up catch-22 situation with no end in sight... 

Meanwhile, I try the chat service again, and am told that the only people who can help me are in the billing department accessable at 855 381 1232. These are the exct same people by whom I'm being simultaneouslyt ignored on the phone.

On the phone, I beg Ms. Graham to let me provide my contact details so I can at least get off the phone and get back to work (it's now been about an hour). She checks with her manager and finally obliges. I apologize for my forcefullness and try to reason with her like a human being (this is exhuasting for me). She says she sympathizes and I give her 2 contact numbers and my email address. She tell me she will be n touch with me when an answer is received from the warehouse, and that she'll check in with me every hour.

I haven't heard anything since.

You'd think this is a simple thing to address. There's an order. It can be tracked. Someone tracks it and informs me on its status. When things take hours upon hours and a result is not even reached, you start wondering what exactly is going on behind the scene. I was excited to try out Fios - I'd used Comcast before and always thought it was an inferior product /service - but I cannot comment on the service because I don't even know where my equipment is. Maybe it will show up today (1-2 days late); maybe the order was canceled and I never get a package.

I just don't know, because apparently, 8 employees across 3 departments over the course 2 days can't figure out what happened to a single order.

0 Likes
Re: COMPLAINT: New customer activation... Where is my equipment???
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ayalcusner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes