Can't Cancel Verizon Service
eppsr

I have been a loyal customer to Verizon for 10 years. Within those 10 years I have had trouble with my home phone, including a technician coming out to review the landline wiring and not fixing the issue. Recently, I have tried calling customer service 4 times and also tried the chat option at least twice to cancel home phone service (~$30/ mo). The first two times the rep mentioned that they would send a confirmation letter to my address on file and not to continue to make payments but, blamed the "previous" mistake on the first rep. The third time they left me on hold for ~2hrs. The fourth time the agent claimed to have canceled the service but when I called back to verify the chat log mentioned that the call was disconnected and, in fact, the plan was still active. Now they are saying the service is "disconnected" due to non payment of $59 which I was under the impression the first time that my account was being disconnected.

0 Likes
Re: Can't Cancel Verizon Service
jonjones1
Legend

Go to http://www.fcc.gov and file an online complaint.

verizon will contact you.

0 Likes
Re: Can't Cancel Verizon Service
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi eppsr,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes