Cancellation request
ootoo

Mid-August - I call to schedule installation and confirm with person on the phone that the line will be buried at Verizons expense.

Aug. 29 - Service tech shows up and tells me that there will be a fee to burry the line. I told him that he could leave and not perform the installation because that was not what I had agreed to.  He makes a call and comes back and tells me that Verizon will cover the cost, but that the line won't be buried on that day.  He also assured me that he would set everything up for a service technician to come back and install the line.

Sept. 21 - The line still hasn't been buried and no one has contacted me or followed up.  So I wait on the phone for 15 minutes and am finally connected and schedule an appointment. I was given the options of 1 to 3 or 2 to 4.  I picked 2 to 4.  The online service agent asked for my phone number so she could coordinate the visit with me.  I took that to mean that I needed to be there for the installation.  I left work at 1:30 so I could be there for the installation.  By 3:30 no one had showed up or contacted me so I called Verizon.  I waited on the phone for 90 minutes before someone picked up. I reported my issue.  They said they had to transfer me to someone else to re-schedule the appointment. I waited on the phone another 10 minutes.  And then I had to wait another 5 min. for her to figure out when they could schedule an appointment.  She said they could come tomorrow and I asked what time and she told me that I didn't need to be there.  I vented my frustration that someone hadn't told me that sooner because I missed 3 to 4 hours of work to come home.  She had nothing to say. I said I am thinking about cancelling because my concern is that the next time something goes wrong I am going to have to sit on the phone for hours at a time before I can get the problem fixed.  She said she was sorry for the wait time.  So I decided that I wanted to cancel my account.  I was transferred again and after being on hold another 20 minutes the call was dropped (that was the 2hr marks so maybe that have the built into the system).  Now Verizon has my money, when I tried to cancel they hung up on me.  I am furious!!! So I typed in the title to this blog into Google and this web page came up.  So I am hoping someone from Verizon will read it, cancel me account, and send me all my money back and come and pickup their router so I can sign back up with Comcast.  I had Comcast for about 10 years and they have their issues, but I have NEVER had to spend over 2 hrs (including the morning phone call) on the phone only to get HUNG UP ON. 

0 Likes
Re: Cancellation request
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi ootoo,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes