Cancelling FIOS
stephen7141
Enthusiast - Level 1

Since installation day, the different parts of FIOS I am SUPPOSED to have never worked even once at the same time. It’s been a constant stream of problems with TV one day and Internet another day and no phone service the next day. I already had a wifi network that worked fine but since FIOS  it stops working all the time. A couple weeks ago the men came out and worked down at the box on the corner of the street. Since Verizon has never fullfilled it’s end of the contract by getting it all up and running, would I still be responsible for a cancellation fee.?  There is only so much I can deal with as I try to get service even close to cable. I just need a confirmation of this so I can stop the stress and move on to a system that works.  I would hope Verizon would be glad to get rid of me as I was the test subject for this development of homes and no one has signed up since. 

0 Likes
Re: Cancelling FIOS
jonjones1
Legend

@stephen714wrote:

Since installation day, the different parts of FIOS I am SUPPOSED to have never worked even once at the same time. It’s been a constant stream of problems with TV one day and Internet another day and no phone service the next day. I already had a wifi network that worked fine but since FIOS  it stops working all the time. A couple weeks ago the men came out and worked down at the box on the corner of the street. Since Verizon has never fullfilled it’s end of the contract by getting it all up and running, would I still be responsible for a cancellation fee.?  There is only so much I can deal with as I try to get service even close to cable. I just need a confirmation of this so I can stop the stress and move on to a system that works.  I would hope Verizon would be glad to get rid of me as I was the test subject for this development of homes and no one has signed up since. 

I can certainly understand your issues. But this is a question for your barrister not fellow customers.

you don’t say exactly what problems other than tv not working (what is not functioning) and internet(again what is the issue) and phone going out (do you have digital voice, Verizon VoIP phone or copper) 

i am sure you called 1-800-VERIZON and had them send someone out to your home to troubleshoot your issues first, right. That would have to be done first.

if Verizon cannot fix the issues and you have documentation then I would say then move on. 

Most cable companies and fios have a termination fee buyout. Get Fios they pay for cable, get cable they buy out the early termination fee so you have choices.

0 Likes
Re: Cancelling FIOS
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

0 Likes