Cancelling Service..
rukiddingme516

I contacted Verizon's toll free number to cancel my service and was on hold for over 50 minutes.  It became past 6pm at the 50 minute mark, so of course they closed, with only their **bleep** waiting music to listen too.  Verizon's customer service and actual lack of service on my home line during bad weather (which I lived with for over a year) is finally coming to end.  I came home today to a CHECK TEL LINE on my home phone.  It was a decent day, no rain..no reason for it to not work.  I doubt anyone who cancelled their service remains on this forum, so I am not really expecting an answer to my questions, which are what is the average wait time to get someone from Verizon to answer their phone line on their special toll free Cancel my Service number (1-844)?  And is this the only method to cancel one's service?

0 Likes
Re: Cancelling Service..
jonjones1
Legend

@rukiddingme516wrote:

I contacted Verizon's toll free number to cancel my service and was on hold for over 50 minutes.  It became past 6pm at the 50 minute mark, so of course they closed, with only their **bleep** waiting music to listen too.  Verizon's customer service and actual lack of service on my home line during bad weather (which I lived with for over a year) is finally coming to end.  I came home today to a CHECK TEL LINE on my home phone.  It was a decent day, no rain..no reason for it to not work.  I doubt anyone who cancelled their service remains on this forum, so I am not really expecting an answer to my questions, which are what is the average wait time to get someone from Verizon to answer their phone line on their special toll free Cancel my Service number (1-844)?  And is this the only method to cancel one's service?

You could cancel via a port out to another provider. You can also walk into a Verizon Corporate location and cancel service that way, you can write a letter to customer service and cancel that way.  Possibly cancel via 1-800-VERIZON which is their combined number for services.

typical wait times varies by time of day and call volume which is the natural response.

call between 8 am - 5 pm EDT for faster service. 

0 Likes