Changed Contract without Consent
fiosuser2000

On Friday, February 8, 2019, I chatted with Verizon Fios under the account. I told the chat associate that I was interested in lowering my Verizon bill and wanted quotes on how to do so. The chat associate stated that they would email me an estimate. I closed the chat.

At 8:57 PM the same night, I received an email titled “A preview of your order.” It had a billing estimate on it. I do not understand why the email was titled “a preview of your order” when I had not ordered anything, simply wanted a quote.

At 9:05 PM the same night, I received an email titled “Review your order”. Again I had not ordered anything.

At 9:37 PM the same night, I received an email titled “Thank you for your order and continued loyalty.” At no time from the beginning of the chat requesting an estimate to this email had I ordered anything. I chatted with my husband about potentially changing to the proposed estimate and told him to call Verizon to discuss the quote. At this time I did not understand why I was receiving emails about an order when I had simply asked for an estimate, so I assumed we were still under our previous plan.

On Tuesday, February 12, my husband informed me that when he called Verizon to discuss the estimate and other options, they stated I had ordered a new package, which I did not.

On Wednesday, February 13, I called Verizon’s customer service. The first associate accused me of clicking through some prompts and accepting a new contract and electronically signing for a new contract. Since I had not in fact done this, I asked to speak with a manager. I spoke with a manager Courtney, who again accused me of agreeing to a new contract. She stated she was willing to cancel the contract, return my family to the previous plan, but could not guarantee that our bill would turn to the same amount prior to the start of this situation. At that time, it was clear to me that my matters would not be rightfully handled.

As you can see, the new contract that my family appears to have been put under costs less than my previous plan. However, The issue was that Verizon has put me under a contract without my consent and accused me of agreeing to a new said contract.

I searched online to see if other customers have had similar issues and did find instances:

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/My-Verizon-Account/Renewing-contract-without-my-consent/td-p/874846

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/General-Products-and-Services/Renewed-contract-without-knowledge-or-pe...

https://forums.verizon.com/t5/General-Products-and-Services/Fraudulent-contract-renewed-without-my-c...

As you can see, this issue has taken much of my family’s time through no fault of ours. And Verizon refused to reinstate my previous billing plan and payment charge prior to February 8 when they renewed our contract without our consent.

0 Likes
Re: Changed Contract without Consent
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

Hi fiosuser2000,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.  Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support.  You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page.  Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes