Charge for Mayweather/Pacquio Fight on 5/2 in Error, I was in Vegas!
ElleIndeed

I just paid my Verizon Bill for Fios (TV, Internet, Phone) yesterday and noticed a $99 charge. I thought it was extra due to me adding Starz to my account mid-month for the special they offered. However when I looked closer, it was a charge for the Mayweather Pacquio fight. I did not order the Mayweather fight. It says I ordered it from the box in my master bedroom at 6PM. I was not in Texas to order this nor was I in my bedroom. I was actually in Vegas for the fight at the Aria hotel. I watched the fight closed circuit in their convention center. I contacted Verizon twice via chat tonight and they said they could not credit me as the charge to them was valid. I told them there is no way it could be valid. I did not order the fight. I am not going to pay for something that I did not order. It is the principle of the whole thing. The supervisor offered me a credit for $25 but I did not accept it because I was charged $99. I want the $99 credited. I have documentation that I was not at home. I plan to pursue every avenue I have to get my credit because I am a good customer. I would pay the amount if I ordered it, but the only on demand item, I have bought was Lucy a few months ago. I do not like being charged for something I did not purchase.  I have submitted complaints to the BBB and the FTC.   I know it is not much compared to my monthly bill but I am not going to pay $99 for pay per view when I bought a closed circuit ticket in Vegas and watched it there.  It says I ordered it on 5/2 at 6PM and that is impossible.  I think something is wrong with their systems as other people say they got a charge too, but those people were home!!!!  I was in Vegas watching the fight there.  It was a fun time and I enjoyed my viewing in Vegas.  I am not giving Verizon another dime for something I did not order!!!!!!  I will not give up unti this is credited.  I like the service but this has me switching my service at the end of the contract.  I do not want to deal with a company that is so fraudelent and not reputable. 

0 Likes
Re: Charge for Mayweather/Pacquio Fight on 5/2 in Error, I was in Vegas!
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes