Charge off on Credit Report
tennis3037

I first opened my Fios account  in 2011, while pursuing my college degree. This same year, my father, who had been helping me financially with tuition and  expenses was diagnosed with a rare cancer known as Multiple Myeloma, and was no longer able to work as he had to undergo a bone marrow transplant and chemotherapy. Over the next year, without my father’s financial help, I became disorganized with respect to, as you saw, making timely payments with Fios. At the end of school, I cancelled my bill, and failed to pay my last bill. I fully recognize my responsibility with respect to payable accounts and have worked diligently to rehabilitate my relationship with Fios since that time. As you may see in my records, I have since paid the amount owed, and reopened an account which is currently in good standing

To be honest, those years were a "wake-up" call for me regarding fiscal organization. Since then I believe I have learned the essential organizational and financial management principles I desperately needed at that point. Thankfully, responsible credit management is now reflected in my credit records which -- excluding the paid charge off entry from Fios during my time of hardship -- are excellent. I wish to thank you for renewing your confidence in me and for giving me a second chance at a relationship with you, one that I am determined to keep spotless.

I am now, with my fiancé, about to shop for a mortgage, and refinance my car. It has come to my attention that the paid charge off from Fios, despite having been only $130, will preclude me from taking full advantage of the very lowest interest rates now available. The impact of a $130 mistake when I was in college, will likely cost me upwards of $50,000 over the course of the loan. Since those notations do not reflect my current status with Fios, I am requesting that you give me a second chance at a positive credit rating by removing that old trade line.  I sincerely hope that there is redemption at Fios, and I beg you for such consideration. Please let me know if any additional documentation would assist in reaching a positive outcome, and I thank you again for the time you have spent reading this letter.

0 Likes
Re: Charge off on Credit Report
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

This is a peer to peer support forum. You need to contact Financial Services at Verizon to discuss your request.

0 Likes
tennis3037

Could you provide me with that contact info?

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi tennis3037,

You will need to call 1-800-VERIZON and ask for Financial Services.

0 Likes