Charged for a PPV event I did not order
JohnSv1

Hi, I'm just not sure what to do about this and would like some advice.

I was charged $99.99 for "BOXING MAYWEATHER VS MCGREGOR HD 7:00 pm" on August 26, something I neither ordered nor watched.   I called and talked to a rep named John, and he told me the show was ordered from the remote.   He put me on hold and told me he would do an investigation.  When he came back, he said that the show had been ordered, and that according to the set top box, the show had been watched for 7 hours and 59 minutes.   He then noted that I ordered a complimentary movie around the same time (Diary of a Wimpy Kid) and that it was also done via remote (true) and it was showing as confirmed, but that the PPV show was never confirmed, and would request "systems" to roll back the charge.  After a wait, he came back and said that the request was denied, and offered to escalate it to his supervisor.  I was then put on hold, and 58 minutes later was disconnected.

In 10 years, I have never had a significant billing issue.  I've never ordered a PPV show (or watched boxing for that matter).  If logs could be pulled from the boxes, I assume they would show I was watching other things at the same time, unless it was the middle of the night.  Nothing in the DVR, and I can't believe it shows not only that I ordered it, but that it also was watched for almost 8 hours.   I thought I had PPV and adult shows blocked years ago, but I guess that doesn't transfer to new boxes.

Any ideas on where I should go from here?  I did not watch this $100 show and for the first time in a decade feel bad in the way things are being treated.

0 Likes
Re: Charged for a PPV event I did not order
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi JohnSv,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and scroll down the page to an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name located above your post, or at the top right of this page.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, you may subscribe to the case. At the top right of your support case there is a gear icon which provides a drop down menu with support case options. Click that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes