Charges I was unaware off, unsatisfying customer service rep
JDrown

I just got off the phone with a customer representative to whom I tried to explain my concerns and issues. I had to ask him to please let me finish with what I had to say, to stop interrupting me, and to please calm down. I was the one with the issue and I felt like this gentlemen was more angry than I was for calling him before noon and trying to fix a problem. 

I was charger for the last 4 months (March, April, May, and June) a $8.99 Inside Wire Maintance, which I was unaware off. I finally had some time to see what I am actually paying for because I was really busy working everyday for the last months. I realized I am paying an additional $8.99 each month for something I never heard off. I had troubles installing my router and having the Internet properly working back in March. When I first got the router, I set everything up as the introduction tells you to. Yet, it was not working. I called the technicians and they told me several things to do (turn off the device for 10seconds and turn it back on, remove all cables and inserting them again). After a few days with nothing working, a technician was sent to my home to check out the problem. He came within a week and figure the router, I received brandnew in a box, was faulty. He exchanged the router and left. Everything was working fine after that. Unfortunately, not knowingly I just started paying $8.99 per month for this service. And this is exactly what I tried explaining to the customer sercive representative, 

FIRST, I was unaware of being charger a monthly fee for this service. 

SECOND, I received a faulty device which should have been replaced without me having to pay because if I would have gotten a flawless device in the first place, I wouldn't have paid the inside wire maintance for the last 4 months and would have saved me around $40.

THIRD, when asking for a credit for this he told me I would be charged with $84 for the service I was served with. 

Honestly, I am more than upset with this situation. It was Verizon's fault in the first place to send me a device that was not properly working. Of course, they don't know if the device works but as soon as they realized the problem, they should have taken the old device, replace it, and not charge me for their mistake. I feel being ripped off because I unknowlingly paid for something that was not my fault in the first place. I feel betrayed and taken advantage off. I am working everyday to even be able to purchase for the Internet service at my house and to not land on the streets. I would never have thought that for a mistake from Verizon they would charge me. 

When I asked the representative for a credit of the last 3 months (April, May, June) that I paid the $8.99 he told me I would face a bill of $84 additionally to my account for the technician service. And when I asked if I would have been able to cancel this back in April with no additional charge, he said yes. Apparently, now it is my fault for not seeing the charge earlier and having it to cancel earlier. 

I am not a lazy person and I can do a lot of technical fixing on my own, I don't need a technician unless I tried everything myself. Now I was unable to test the device on my own to see if its deffective or properly working, but being charger for this is a shame. 

It would be nice if the customer service representatives would be a little bit more polite on the phone as well. I felt like being yelled at like a 2 year old child. 

Sincerely, 

Jamie 

0 Likes
Re: Charges I was unaware off, unsatisfying customer service rep
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi JDrown,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Charges I was unaware off, unsatisfying customer service rep
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Afternoon, 
Since we have not heard back from you on your private support case, we have closed it out. If you still require assistance please feel free to create a new post. 

Thank you, 
-Amanda_M 

0 Likes