Collections is looking for the return of our equipment...
Lisacpt1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I cancelled FIOs TV and phone on 7/3/14 and kept the internet.

I received an email on 7/8/14 that said the return packaging & instructions were shipped on 7/8/14 & should arrive at my location within 5-7 business days.

Today, 7/14/14  my husband received a text from your collections asking to return the equipment asap and to call them. When I called they had no record of the phone numbers or account number associated with my account. What's so confusing? My husband's cell number was never associated with our FIOS account or any Verizon account. (His cell number is with AT&T).

I called FIOS CS and of course they have no record of the return packaging being sent only that I changed the service on 7/3/14. The poor CS guy asked me for my name and address so he can resend the packaging. Why? It's only been 4 business days since I received the email. The poor guy had no explanation about my situation so all he could think to do was to resend. 

I did not want to ship the equipment in the 1st place. I am suspect of how FIOs conducts business. Now I'm fearful we are going to land in collections.

I have had nothing but issues which I'm not going to take the time to list in this email but I was happy to learn of the Direct TV deal in my area and our apartment complex won't let us attach the disc to the building but allowed us to attach to our patio railing. I jumped at the chance to get rid of as much of the service without defaulting on the contract. We are weening ourselves from FIOs and as soon as the contract is up we are dropping the internet because I believe FIOs has so many CS issues and communication problems.

If I get any more collection notifications, I will send a certified letter to the collection agency stating that we are in compliance with the return policy. Any further contact will be considered a willful violation of the the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA). That way, if ever hear from them again, I can collect $500 per contact.

Hopefully, this gets someones attention.

Re: Collections is looking for the return of our equipment...
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Lisacpt,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Lisacpt,

Because you have not replied after multiple attempts to reach you, we are closing your private support case.

If you need further assistance with Verizon service in the future please feel free to make a new post.

We are available 24/7

^Matthew

0 Likes
figler

I returned the equipment and requested a signature to confirm receipt of the package, which I have. However, Verizon is claiming the equipment is not returned! I have called the number, but they do not seem to have any record of my account. Can someone help with this? Thanks!

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi figler,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Due to multiple failed attempts to reach you we will be closing this private support case.

If you need further assistance with Verizon service feel free to send us another post.

Thank you,

^Matthew

0 Likes
figler

By "multiple", do you mean "one"? I do not think that qualifies as "multiple".

I will go the profile page and try to figure this out today.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi figler,

You need to access your private support case by following the instructions posted above.  The agents cannot begin to assist with your issue until they hear from you in the private thread.

0 Likes