Complaint with BBB about Verizon
PinkSugar1

I am writing this post to share my experience with Verizon.  

At or around 2007 I ended my wireless mobile contract with Verizon.  I called Verizon to let them know I would not be renewing my contract and I was told by their representative that there was nothing further for me to do. So I put the phone aside and had a new phone with another carrier.  I then contacted Verizon to inform them that my contracted ended days ago and I noticed that the phone has not been disconnected yet.  They informed me that they would disconnect it.   I NEVER RECEIVED ANY FURTHER CONTACT FROM VERIZON.  About 3 months lapsed when I receive in the mail a collections letter on behalf of Verizon for $25.  The letter stated that a collections agency had taken over my account for lack of payment.  I would have paid the $25 immediately had Verizon told me I owed it.  I immediately called Verizon and I was connected to their collections department.  The women, I still recall, was so rude right from the beginning and threatened my credit.  She said "pay this debt now or we will ruin your credit, do you want that?!"  I said 'no.  I want to pay this.  I will put the check in the mail today.'  She told me no, I will pay it now and she wanted my checking account information and my SSN.  I told her I was uncomfortable with providing that over the phone.  She said fine.  You’re credit will be ruined for 7 years for not paying this debt.  Unbelievable.  In fact I didn't believe her.  I figured I would pay it the way I felt uncomfortable with and timely, and I did within a day.  It is currently 2014, and the FAILED TO PAY; 90 DAY DELINQUENCY STILL appears on my credit report.  Verizon has refused to stop reporting it even though I paid AS SOON AS I was made aware of it back in 2007.  

Fast-forward to 2010 when I moved to a new location and only VERIZON FIOS was available in my new area.  Even though I had a bad experience with Verizon in the past, in 2007, I figured it was an anomaly so I decided to use Verizon services again.  I had these services for my home from 2010-2013. I infomed Verizon in advanced that I was moving to a new location and they informed me that they do not service this area.  Because of this, Verizon informed me that it is not a breach of contract but rather they do not currently service the area so my contract ended in November 2013 without penalty to me.  On (4) four different days I contacted Verizon wanting to be certain that I do not owe any additional charges.  In fact, after I relocated in November, in December I had a $9 credit on my account and I was issued a NEW account number (for some reason unbeknownst to me). In February 2014 I received a bill from Verizon saying that I owe almost $200 because of a breach of contract.  Whoa.  I called and spoke to many representatives all telling me I have a $9 credit and owe nothing and would clear and resubmit to me a corrected bill.  Verizon, you never did.  Today, February, I also received a collections letter from United Collection Bureau, Inc. informing me that Verizon has once again placed my account in an outstanding debt/delinquent debt account with a collection agency for $40.  so, what's really going on here?

The business done by Verizon to me in my opinion is not good.  I have given Verizon an opportunity to correct the many mistakes made to my accounts both this recent one and the one from 2007.  I feel completely taken advantaged of and I am saddened that this company or assigns has placed negative marks on my credit report.  I work hard and take pride in having and maintaining a good credit record. These accounts of mine should not have ever went into collections nor, Verizon, should there have been negative marks against my credit. Good record-keeping should be of the upmost importance to a good, ethical, upstanding business.  

I am a good, upstanding citizen and consumer. I currently have a negative mark on my credit report for $25, a debt that I paid off, but it still appears on my credit report to this day and this is the 7th year.  Now, this $40 debt, which I immediately paid, will probably appear on my credit report now and I believe this is reprehensible by Verizon.  Absolutely reprehensible.  I will write all of the major credit reporting agencies to complain and dispute against these negative marks made on my credit report by Verizon. I haven't had bad service during the length of my contracts with Verizon but once any, ANY service ended for me it has been TERRIBLE in terms of accurate records and the fault has fallen on me unjustifiably as a consumer.  That is not fair and not equitable.   And to add insult to injury, that $9 credit on my Verizon account that I have has not been returned to me in the form of a check from Verizon. Most companies provide a customer with any credit within 30 days.  I have had this $9 credit since 2013.  That makes no sense.  It’s not about the $9, it’s the principle of the matter:  Verizon is reporting me to a collection agency for $40 but they owe me money.  Maybe I should hire a collection agency to collect Verizon's debt due to me? This is so petty so maybe Verizon will understand. How horrible for me, the consumer.  

I'll share my recount of my experiences with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) for consideration. 

0 Likes
Re: Complaint with BBB about Verizon
KaLin
Khoros Partner
Khoros Partner

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board. you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
PinkSugar1

My apologies.  I was not able to locate the link to the private board where  I could exchange information.

I still don't see this link. 

Should I re-post my narrative so that this support case can be re-issued or can it be re-opended in light of my reply today?

Please advise.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus
The case has been reopened. If you still cannot see the link, please take a screen shot and send it to me in private message
0 Likes
PinkSugar1

Thank you.  I have subscribed.  I have not received any private messages yet.  I'll await your request for further information.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

It is not pms you get. You must click the link under My Support Cases where an agent is waiting for your information

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes