Contact Customer Retention/Loyalty - - Going to Switch Soon
dd616

I have been a loyal Verizon Triple Play customer for going on 10 years.  My most recent two-year agreement is expiring at the end of the month, and for the first time in 10 years..., I am ready to switch back to Comcast.

The quotes I get to renew my agreement - - - cost more and leave me with inferior products/services than new customers get.  As a headsup to whoever comes up with giving your existing customers lesser of an offer - - just like new customers can switch to Verzion, we can switch to a competitor too.

If this is how existing/loyal customers that have paid their bill on time for 10 years get treated - - - it is not something I approve of and if it can't be offered, I will be gone if I cannot get this resolved.

0 Likes
Re: Contact Customer Retention/Loyalty - - Going to Switch Soon
jonjones1
Legend

@dd616 wrote:

I have been a loyal Verizon Triple Play customer for going on 10 years.  My most recent two-year agreement is expiring at the end of the month, and for the first time in 10 years..., I am ready to switch back to Comcast.

The quotes I get to renew my agreement - - - cost more and leave me with inferior products/services than new customers get.  As a headsup to whoever comes up with giving your existing customers lesser of an offer - - just like new customers can switch to Verzion, we can switch to a competitor too.

If this is how existing/loyal customers that have paid their bill on time for 10 years get treated - - - it is not something I approve of and if it can't be offered, I will be gone if I cannot get this resolved.

There is no such thing as a “Loyal Customer” or “I pay my bill on time” you are paying for a service pure and simple. The company like the cable operators are in business to get as much out of a customer as they can, whenever they can. The base customers make the new customer pricing possible.

Its like the gas and electric company, they provide a service of product and delivery.

however with them like with Fios you pay the monthly invoice or they turn you off.

No loyalty in not paying or threatening to not pay your service invoice.

I don’t have contracts, I pay a little more but I have the ability to jump when I please.

pricing gets out of hand, bingo I am gone.

it is a business decision nothing to do with loyalty. 

If you can get a better deal with cable I would tell Fios that. Put it to them as the amount of money per month multiply by twelve equal XXX dollars a year in revenue lost.

i am sure if you have a counter offer to give them within reason they will barter on price. I think it crazy Verizon does not have uniform pricing across all sections of their customer base, but remember do not get into a contract, get the lower pricing in writing. With no contracts they cannot charge early termination fees.

dd616

I disagree - - - in the past there have been customer loyalty agents that have offered and procured discounts for long-time customers.  That is customer service 101...

I never threatened to not pay my bill.  I always pay it on time for them to deliver the service they are providing. 

Maybe I should have titled the thread - - - Verizon's Lack of Customer Retention/Loyalty - - instead.

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

@dd616 wrote:

I disagree - - - in the past there have been customer loyalty agents that have offered and procured discounts for long-time customers.  That is customer service 101...

I never threatened to not pay my bill.  I always pay it on time for them to deliver the service they are providing. 

Maybe I should have titled the thread - - - Verizon's Lack of Customer Retention/Loyalty - - instead.

No, I understood what you meant. The retention department would offer you a deal. That is common in most services today. But the greed in Corporate America is such that even a retention deal may not be a great deal. 

It is when more customers leave that the retention department will  actually make a good deal.

0 Likes
jvw0506
Enthusiast - Level 2

VZ almost makes you feel stupid for NOT taking a competitive offer to jump ship 

0 Likes