Continued problems...
ngc123
Enthusiast - Level 1

My name is Noah and I have an account with Verizon...sort of.  I have spent well in excess of 6 hours on the phone trying to correct the errors on our account that Verizon staff have caused.  I have been helped somewhat, but for the most part I have been told “that’s not my job to correct.”

I have two Verizon orders on the book {edited for privacy} (currently under my girlfriend Katy T's name) and {edited for privacy} (cancelled for reasons unbeknownst to me).

To make an extremely long story longer, we moved into our apartment complex in May and were told Verizon would be installed within 60 days.  In August and September we were told it would be installed in the next 30 days, only to be delayed again.  The Verizon team (primarily Shavon [last name unknown]) felt so bad they brought us several gift cards to make up for the continued delays.

On 10/16/2013 a Verizon team was at our apartment building taking orders and we were told service would be installed on 10/24.  On or about 10/24 I received an email saying our order {edited for privacy} had been cancelled because FiOS service was not available at this location…even though your Verizon representative took my order (I have the yellow sales agreement).

On 10/29/2013 a Verizon team was again at our apartment complex and explained that they had to initiate another service order due to the cancelled order.  This order {edited for privacy} was attributed to my girlfriend instead of me because you already ran my credit check and the Verizon rep “felt bad that it would be ran again”, but we were assured the account would be in my name (Verizon rep named Maurice [last name unknown]).  It is still currently in my girlfriend’s name, but has my email and phone number associated with it.

In the meeting on 10/29 I was personally guaranteed (by Maurice [last name unknown]) that service would be installed on 11/4 between 3 & 5pm.  I left work early to make this commitment and received a call at 430pm (from Kimberly {edited for privacy}) stating service would not be installed.  I asked why and she refused to give me an adequate answer.  Due to the lie Verizon representatives told me, I lost income because I left work to meet a service tech that never showed.

On 11/4 I called and spoke with a Verizon manager (Anna{edited for privacy}) and she apologized for the continued problems and offered to negate the first months charges (aside from ancillary fees).  I thanked her for this and waited for installation.

Our service was installed about a week ago and I just saw the account balance this evening.  I was confused because the bill was more expensive than was originally quoted to me in the "what to expect from your first bill" ($211.55).  I called Verizon and was told the difference was due to a “New Outlet Installation” that the technician had to install. Unfortunately, this outlet was already present in our home when Verizon installed it months ago.  The only thing the tech installed was a black box for service and a casing around it.  The jack was already present.

So here’s what I would like…

1.  To have a face to face meeting with a senior manager at Verizon explaining their faulty business practices and how they plan to correct them.

2. The new outlet installation fee waived since it was already present in the apartment months ago.

3. Our first month free as promised by Anna {edited for privacy}.

4. Our rebate check that has yet to be delivered.

5. The account transferred to my name (from Katy T to Noah C) based off orders {edited for privacy} and {edited for privacy}.

6. Compensation for lost income from the no-show install on 11/4 that was promised by Maurice [last name unknown].

7. An apology in writing.

Thank you,

Noah C

Re: Continued problems...
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi ngc123,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes
Re: Continued problems...
Verizon_Support
Customer Service Rep

Hello ngc123,

Unfortunately due to non response we will close out the private message. If you have any questions about your final bill or ever need help with anything else, let us know in a new public post.

Thank you,
-Jeramy

0 Likes