Contract renewal
Drmowrey
Enthusiast - Level 1

My contract was due to expire this month, but I got a mailer in November 2014 stating if I reneew, I would get a rate of $89.99 with a $30 early incentive. I agreed to all of this to only find out that I didn't get this deal.

My new contract has me starting at $159.99 with a $15 incentive discount plus everything I already had. I contacted customer service to find out that I was mislead and that who I talked to was very sorry for the miscommunication and so on, but did NOTHING to change anything.

So, now I am paying $60 more than I was before and I am getting NOWHERE!!

HELP!!

0 Likes
Re: Contract renewal
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry you are having difficulty, an agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information to help you resolve your issue.Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
Drmowrey
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you for the info. Update............I was able to get some discounts after getting on their case over a mailer I got and didn't receive the special I was to get. So my bill is about the same it was whenever I 1st signed up minus the new Quantum services I upgraded to.

0 Likes
legomypenguin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the same problem, and I have gone around in circles with two agents on the phone and one agent in the online chat.

Prior to the end of my contract, I received a card in the mail indicating "For our loyal FiOS customer:  a special invitation".  In it, it stated that my agreement is about to expire and my rate is schedule to increase soon.  Continued, "But to thank you for your loyalty, we're inviting you to enjoy an Early Bird discounted rate when you sign a new two-year agreement."

"An exclusive offer just for you.   You'll save $15 a month on your new regular bundle rate for 24 months..."

I followed the instructions, and the web address provided in the invitation.  When I submitted my order, it still showed $99 minus a $10 discount...and there was fine print at the bottom indicating that there would be $15/month discount offer applied via bill credits for 24 months.  When I got my new bill, there was only a $10 discount.  

I was told several different answers by the customer service representative ranging from "all of the discounts have already been applied" to "that offer was only valid on triple play offers" (which is not listed in your "loyalty offer") and that there no more supervisors to whom I could speak.  Really?  You only have 2 levels of customer service representatives?  I find that hard to believe for such a large corporation.

Bottom line:  Your "loyalty offer" indicates a $15 discount on my new regular bundle rate that is listed nowhere on my new billing, which results in paying higher fees instead of the "early bird discounted rate".  I would actually pay LOWER fees had I signed on as a new customer instead.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi legomypenguin,

Sorry you are having difficulty with your billing. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

legomypenguin
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was promised by your "live chat" agent, Deborah, yesterday that someone would call me.  I had requested that someone higher than the supervisor with whom I previously spoke call me yesterday.  I still have not received a phone call.

I wish for this to be resolved immediately.  I've already checked all of my emails and I do not have an email message from anyone, either.

0 Likes
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

It can take two business days.

0 Likes
legomypenguin
Enthusiast - Level 1

Then your represenatitve should have said so.  This just adds to more misinformation given by your company.

0 Likes
goldie6

I too got the letter that my contract was ending the end of September and that if I renewed now, I would continue to get the $15 month credit .  I called and spoke to an agent who told me my rate was renewed and would stay the same for the next two years.  I am currently paying about $190 a month for the triple play package with HBO and Showtime included.

I then get the e-mail confirmation that there is now a charge for "Regional sports network fee"  $4.99  and fios tv broadcast fee $1.99.  Plus and additional $2-3 per month for our 4 room DVR package.  This month it was prorated so this months bill is $211, $21 MORE this month, then almost $19 more for the next 24 months. If I didn't renew 5 months in advance, I would be paying LESS, at least thru September.  

The gimmick is and I will be glad to share this with the Star Ledger, is that the $15 credit for 24 months or $360 savings that they advertise in the letter is then reduced by these additional charges.

Now for all the years that I have been with Verizon, they have always alloted some customer satisfacition credit but the ploy is to have you renew now because "there may not be any incentives" when you renew in October. However, Verizon now gets an additonal $19-21 a month, at least for the next five months. If there are incentives, will I be credited the difference?

I see I am not alone in this forum and believe that Verizon should make amends.

0 Likes