Skip to main content
Accessibility Resource Center Skip to main content
Have a phone you love? Get up to $500 when you bring your phone. OR get iPhone 13, on us for a limited time. With Select 5G Unlimited plans. Buy now
end of navigation menu
Credit Report Dispute

I have FIOS triple play. As I was relocating and happy with Fios, I asked verizon to transfer my service to new location.

What seemed to happened is they cancelled my old service and opened a new account since it was a different state. I asked if there is any due I need to pay. They said I didn't have any dues but I would get refund from Verizon as I used to pay one month bill amount in advance.  I asked to send final statement and refund to the new address but they send a new bill to the old address. I found out later and paid the amount. Now I want to apply for car loan, I shocked to see that Verizon put a collection entry on my credit report. But I haven't received any communcation for this and don't know what for this. I checked my on-line account and it shows zero balance. I don't know who to contact to get a proper answer. As I want to remove entry from credit report, I paid the amount and asked them to remove entry from credit report and also send final statement.

Please somebody let me know how to remove the entry from credit report.

Re: Credit Report Dispute
Community Manager
Community Manager

As this is a peer to peer support forum, you will need to contact Verizon directly for assistance. We have sent you a private message with contact information for a dedicated specialist who is able to help with a resolution of your issue.

Re: Credit Report Dispute

You call the three credit bureaus and dispute the line item from Verizon.

they will investigate and if you are correct they will remove the bad mark. If they investigate and Verizon or the collection agency replies as to a valid post, it will not be removed and will stay on the credit report for seven years.

There is another way, however it is not allowed on an open forum.