Credit score
DaveEhrenthal

I was a FIOS customer for 12 years and apperciated the service.  When I moved, I requested a final bill and paid.  Sox months later, I received a call from Verizon telling me I still owed $89.  I immediately paid since it sounded reasonablle (they forgot to include the first 10 days of the subsequent month, despite my request).

A couple of months later, I discovered Verizon had sent the issue to the credit bureau, despite my having paid and the cause being Verizon's negligence to send me the real final bill when I moved and terminated my service.  This event sent my credit score down from 817 (when I purchased my home 9 months ago) to 650.

I have now tried six times to call Verizon so they can vacate this negative credit item.  Each time, I speak with very sympathetic Verizon agents who agree that this should never been placed in collection or communicated to the credit bureas.  And each time, I'm sent to "recovery" after about 30 minutes of waiting and the phone subsequently hangs up.  Exasperatng.

Verizon should be ashamed of themselved for putting a loyal good paying customer, human being through this, never mind any average customer.  I don't know why their support systems are so broken, but I feel powerless the way one felt powerless against an institution in the Soviet Union in the 1970s.  It's a disgrace what Verizon is putting me through and it is my hope that somebody at Verizon, a human being, will right this situation.  The CEO and the entire Verizon Board of Directors should be ashamed.  

{edited for privacy}

0 Likes
Re: Credit score
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes