Customer Retention issue
NickEs1
Enthusiast - Level 2
I've been with FiOS for a long time; I signed on the day FiOS was first available here on Long Island, NY. Many years ago I allowed our 2-year agreement to expire, and stayed month-to-month (since the price was the same).

I decided recently to see if there were any deals available. Long story short, I ended up speaking with Alice at Customer Retention.

The deciding factor to re-up would be if they would replace my red-band "Advanced Router" with a Quantum Gateway router, since we have debilitating 2.4GHz interference issues here (if either we or my neighbor uses a microwave or cordless phone, we lose internet).

Alice promised me a Quantum Gateway router if I signed for a two-year agreement (also upping my bandwidth from 35/35 to 50/50). She assured me -- twice during the call -- that I would be receiving this router, and said she wrote it into the agreement. Assurance was also given that I had 14 days to cancel and go back to my previous service level.

I agreed, and signed a two-year agreement yesterday (Feb. 2).

When I received the confirmation email, there was no mention of the router.

I called back this morning, and another customer retention rep -- and subsequently her supervisor -- said that there is no mention of the router on my account record, and that they cannot send one.

When I then asked to cancel my 2-year agreement (since the router was the deciding factor to renew) and return to my previous level of service, I was told that 35/35 no longer appears in their system, and that I would have to go to a SLOWER 35/20 -- for the same price that I was paying for 35/35 a day earlier.

I refused, and hung up.

At this point, what do you all suggest I do? Try to get a different supervisor? File a BBB complaint? I'm really at a loss here.  I've never been in a breach-of-contract issue before this.

0 Likes
Re: Customer Retention issue
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi NickEs,

Sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue. Please remember to check your spam/junk folder if you do not hear from an agent.

0 Likes
SJDinAudubon1
Enthusiast - Level 1

File a complaint with the FCC. 

0 Likes
NickEs1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've filed with the BBB.

0 Likes