Customer Service billing question
BobMel

I live on Long Island, NY where Verizon has closed all of their customer service centers. There is nowhere that you can walk in and discuss billing problems and review documentation.

I have been struggling to get my billing corrected since I signed up for Verizon in September, 2014

I have tried repeatedly to get Verizon to correct my billing. I ordered a package for TV and internet on September 30, 2014. It was confirmed for $49.99/month plus $45.97 for equipment and "Enhanced TV" package, for a total of $95.96 plus taxes and fees. This was confirmed in my order confirmation page as the price for 24 months. When my first bill arrived it was much more. Bait and Switch. They charged me $54.99 for TV plus $50 for internet plus the extra $45.97. So, they were overcharging me by $55/month. After having to call every month and having them issue a onetime credit to offset the difference, they finally added a monthly credit to bring it the correct monthly charge, but they only made it effective for the first 12 months. I was exhausted from trying to fight them so I figured I would have to get them to reinstitute the credit for the second 24 months in October, 2015. When that time came and the billing went back up, I again contacted them and again they started issuing monthly, one time credits after I had to call each month and spend a long time on the phone each time, explaining the whole story again. I am frustrated that they refuse to just correct the billing to what it should have been from the start. I even emailed a copy of the original order confirmation to a customer service rep back in November, 2014, but it still took them until my March, 2015 bill to add the monthly credits to offset the incorrect billing.

I have made too many calls to the 800 number to count and never get anyone on the phone that is willing to help and correct the issue. I have sent the documentation twice which shows in clear language that I signed up for 24 months.

I now have a case file open with the New York State Division of Consumer Protection. I filed the complaint online through the state attorney General's office and I guess they turned it over to the Department of State.

Maybe if enough people complain about their horrendous customer service the state public service commission will take action against them. 

0 Likes
Re: Customer Service billing question
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi BobMel,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you. Please go to your profile page for the forum and look at the top of the middle column where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under "My Support Cases" you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. The title of your post is the link. This should be checked on a frequent basis, as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe". Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes