Customer Service complaint
espo731

First, I will begin by saying I have been a Verizon customer for many years. I've always felt the company was first rate, that is, until now. I have had a recent series of problems that have led me to make several calls for technical support. One was an email issue, which after repeated calls, was resolved on the third call. I had received texts informing me that the problem had been resolved on the two previous calls and it had not been. It was on the last of these calls, that it was pointed out to me that I was operating on a month to month basis with the company, and that I would most likely be able to upgrade my equipment and service for about the same cost, if a made a two year commitment. He provided me with a written quote of the 1st months costs which included a one time $50 equipment upgrade fee and a quote of what I could expect my regular monthly bill to be. That sounded good to me, so the tech put me in contact with a sales rep who went over my options, and gave me a monthly estimate of the costs. It was during this discussion that the subject of internet speed was raised. The sales rep pointed out that I could get much higher speeds with a new router. I told him I really didn't need any more speed. I asked if I could upgrade my DVR without paying for a new router. He indicated that I could, so I directed him to sign me up. I received the new equipment in about 5 days and proceeded to install the new DVR. I was not able to get the DVR successfully installed, so I got online and used the chat feature. I, first, talked with one technician who couldn't resolve my problem, He immediately referred me to another tech. That tech led me through the steps. it was during the install with her, that she informed me that my current router was not compatible with the new equipment. She said I would need another router. I told her that the sales rep said I wouldn't need a different router. She said that the new router would be provided for free. She gave me a number where I could reach her and a PIN, in case I had any difficulties. She gave me a date that I could expect the new router. (I printed out our chat session to document our conversation).That date came and no router was delivered. I tried to call her at the number and PIN she provided, but was told she was unavailable. So, now I had to explain the whole story to a new rep. After doing that, that rep told me a supervisor would be contacting me. After several days, I called back because I had received no call from Verizon. I called the same number and PIN and got, yet another, rep. Once again, I went through the whole story, and this time I was referred to the supervisor, who joined in the conversation. The supervisor informed me that I had been misinformed by the sales rep regarding the compatibility of my old router with the new equipment. He said that he would try to discount it as much as possible, but he could not (or would not) provide it for free, as had been promised and documented. I was very frustrated at this point, but I asked him how much additional cost would there be. After waiting about 30 minutes on hold, he informed me that the router would be an additional $5 per month. He also told me that if I agreed with the deal, the pricing would only be locked in for 1 year, instead of the 2 years in my quote. I told him that it was not my fault that his sales rep didn't know the product, and that Verizon.should live up to the original agreement. He apologized, but said he was unable to do that. I told him that it was not a good way to do business. I went ahead and agreed to it. It buys me a year,. But there is a very strong likelyhood that, should the price go up in a year, I will be looking for a new provider.

0 Likes
Re: Customer Service complaint
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes