Customer Service not answering phone - Unable to cancel acct
Archguy99
Enthusiast - Level 1

Greetings:  I've been trying to cancel my FIOS account for two weeks now. 

Verizon will not let anyone cancel FIOS service online. You have to phone up during 'business hours'.  But I'm never able to get through their hold queue.  They do permit 'call back' service which you must reserve at least a day in advance.  Most times you can specify are 'not available'.  When I finally find a time available, there's no  confirmation and then when the time in question arrives, there is no call from Verizon.  Phoning Verizon again puts you back at the start of the process.

The amount of time I've wasted trying to close my account is disgraceful.

Service is very expensive and extremely slow.  Customer service is unreachable.  Outages occur on an almost daily basis.   What gives??  I'm really tired of paying for a poor and virtually unusable service, and now I can't even cancel my account.

Re: Customer Service not answering phone - Unable to cancel acct
jonjones1
Legend

You have posted this over and over.

call 1-800-VERIZON between 8 am till 5 pm Monday through Friday which has low wait times. In the two times I have called I never experienced what you describe.

if you want to cancel test bad YOU WILL OR MUST STAY ON HOLD complaining here to a customer helping customer forum is not going to help you.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Archguy99,

You can cancel Monday - Friday 8:00 am - 6:00 pm (ET) by calling 1-844-837-2262. You'll need to provide your account number to cancel Fios, so have that handy when you call.

0 Likes
KSaan
Enthusiast - Level 1

**bleep** I was on hold for more than 30 mins and still no answer.

LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This thread will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes