Customer Support's Inadvertent Destructive Creation
ucanhelpme

Verizon meant well. But!!

I called customer service in advance to advise that I would be porting my phone number from Verizon, and that I wished to keep my account open. I was advised to keep my Triple Play, wait for the porting to complete, and apply for a new phone number and all would remain the same.

Sounds Simple Enough??

I called after the porting took place to follow through with the procedure as directed by Customer Support. To my surprise, I was told that I had lost all my DVR for life and all other incentives.

The recommendations and steps given to me by Customer Support are not at issue. It’s reflected in your records. However, restoring my account to where it was seems to be illusive, if not impossible for even a trained Verizon supervisor to accomplish.

It is suggested that the computer won’t let them resurrect my previous account status. In the mean time I'll have large monthly increases as the clock ticks away.

I certainly realize that no harm was meant, but frankly I’m perplexed, vexed, at the seeming inability to resolve a problem created by well-meaning Verizon employees. I sincerely hope that rational minds will not succumb to a computer and that a timely solution can be found.

Verizon! Your mistake! Please don't chase a happy customer.

0 Likes
Re: Customer Support's Inadvertent Destructive Creation
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes