DSL service goes away - BEWARE
RRinVA
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has anybody else heard this one from Verizon?  Last Wednesday after 8 or 9 years of perfectly fine DSL service my internet connection is gone.  After several days on the phone with various Verizon folks, I am told by the business office that "your central office has closed and the only service available to you is dial up".  They do this when they are getting ready to convert people to FIOS I was told, but FIOS isn't available in my area!! 

Supposedly I got a letter telling me this was going to happen.  I never saw it, (I would remember something telling me my internet service is going away).  Yet my neighbor across the street and next door both have DSL service.  They must be on different central offices I'm told.  So why can't my account be moved to the central office they are on?  Poor planning on your part should not deprive me of internet service.  And please don't offer dial-up as a solution, that's total b.s.

I'm having to spend my lunch hour at work to access the internet now as I can't at home and 90% of my bills are delivered and paid on-line.  Verizon are you listening??  Can somebody with a lick of common sense help fix this please??

Re: DSL service goes away - BEWARE
dslr595148
Community Leader
Community Leader

RRinVA wrote:.  
Yet my neighbor across the street and next door both have DSL service.  They must be on different central offices I'm told.

Also, they could be on a different DSL Provider..

0 Likes
RRinVA
Enthusiast - Level 1

No, they are both on Verizon DSL

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh1
Moderator Emeritus

I'm sorry you are having difficulty. An agent with access to your account will reach out to you directly by email, private message in the Forums and/or the billing telephone number on your Verizon account for more information or to help you resolve your issue.

@RRinVA wrote:

Has anybody else heard this one from Verizon?  Last Wednesday after 8 or 9 years of perfectly fine DSL service my internet connection is gone.  After several days on the phone with various Verizon folks, I am told by the business office that "your central office has closed and the only service available to you is dial up".  They do this when they are getting ready to convert people to FIOS I was told, but FIOS isn't available in my area!! 

Supposedly I got a letter telling me this was going to happen.  I never saw it, (I would remember something telling me my internet service is going away).  Yet my neighbor across the street and next door both have DSL service.  They must be on different central offices I'm told.  So why can't my account be moved to the central office they are on?  Poor planning on your part should not deprive me of internet service.  And please don't offer dial-up as a solution, that's total b.s.

I'm having to spend my lunch hour at work to access the internet now as I can't at home and 90% of my bills are delivered and paid on-line.  Verizon are you listening??  Can somebody with a lick of common sense help fix this please??

0 Likes
TonyaD_VZ
Contributor - Level 3

Verizon support is in receipt of this issue. We will send you a PM to gather additional information.

Thanks,

Tonya D.

Notice: Content posted by Verizon employees is meant to be informational and does not supersede or change the Verizon Forums User Guidelines or Terms or Service, or your Customer Agreement Terms and Conditions or Plan.

0 Likes