Damaged DVR box returned and now I am being billed for it
TiredofVerizon21

After requesting a new DVR to replace one that wasn't working properly, I returned my old one via the UPS label that was sent to me.  The package was delivered to Verizon on 2/2 and I thought everything was done.  A month later I start getting emails stating that the box was never returned.  I have dealt with about 5 different "customer service" representatives stating that it wouldn't be an issue and to just ignore the emails that the non returned DVR will be removed from my account.  Today I check my bill and of course now I am getting charged for a box that was returned.  Seems like this is a common practice for Verizon as the internet is full of sites where people have the same issue.  Is there anyway to get Verizon to stop billing me for an item that was returned?  Looks like I will have to find another provider for internet and TV once my contract is up.  I am just tired of Verizons incompetence.

0 Likes
Re: Damaged DVR box returned and now I am being billed for it
jonjones1
Legend

@TiredofVerizon2wrote:

After requesting a new DVR to replace one that wasn't working properly, I returned my old one via the UPS label that was sent to me.  The package was delivered to Verizon on 2/2 and I thought everything was done.  A month later I start getting emails stating that the box was never returned.  I have dealt with about 5 different "customer service" representatives stating that it wouldn't be an issue and to just ignore the emails that the non returned DVR will be removed from my account.  Today I check my bill and of course now I am getting charged for a box that was returned.  Seems like this is a common practice for Verizon as the internet is full of sites where people have the same issue.  Is there anyway to get Verizon to stop billing me for an item that was returned?  Looks like I will have to find another provider for internet and TV once my contract is up.  I am just tired of Verizons incompetence.

Google your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission which regulates Verizon and other Utilities. Calling is faster. They can get the matter cleared up pronto.

make sure you have proof of the return, proof of the people you spoke with. Additionally write a letter certified return receipt requested “DISPUTING” the false charges. Make sure you pay only the portion of the invoice that is not in dispute.

yes it is common practice.

0 Likes
Re: Damaged DVR box returned and now I am being billed for it
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

0 Likes