Delinquency showing on credit report even though paid years ago
rockstarcutie14

Verizon had reported a delinquency on my credit report from 2014, and it was paid in 2015.  It is still negatively impacting my credit report, and shows up as a serious delinquency on my FICO credit score.  How can I go about getting it removed?

0 Likes
Re: Delinquency showing on credit report even though paid years ago
jonjones1
Legend

@rockstarcutie14wrote:

Verizon had reported a delinquency on my credit report from 2014, and it was paid in 2015.  It is still negatively impacting my credit report, and shows up as a serious delinquency on my FICO credit score.  How can I go about getting it removed?

https://www.ftc.gov/enforcement/rules/rulemaking-regulatory-reform-proceedings/fair-credit-reporting...

You cannot. You were by your own account delinquent in 2014, and you paid it in 2015. So the delinquency is valid. The negative report will fall off in seven years from last payment date or last reported date. 

As per the article above you must contact all three credit reporting agencies and submit a dispute. Please be aware the bureaus will wait to hear back from Verizon or any creditor at 30 days. It may be less if they get a report back sooner.

the problem then will be the 7 years starts all over again if verified as correct. So you take your chances.

0 Likes