Deposit Charged in Error
Llamp

Shame on Verizon.

I placed an internet order for the Triple Play last week.  I got an email telling me to call a certain number to finalize my order.  The agent told me a $250 deposit was necessary to schedule the installation.   When I asked why she could not tell me why.  She gave me the number of the credit department and when I spoke to them they told me my order was clear and I should not have been charged a deposit.  I immediately requested a refund. The agent told me there was no way to issue a credit; the order would haveto be canceled and I would need to reorder. However, the package price was more 2 days later when I checked on line.   What a scam!!!  I am reconsidering if I want to business with a company like this.  Contemplating staying with Cable and cancellng the installation.

0 Likes
Re: Deposit
CRobGauth
Community Leader
Community Leader

Terms of service should call how how they will treat your deposit.

It is not customized to each customer, but a generic document that reflects their terms of service at the time you sign up.

Basically, the terms of the contract.

Here is what the current TOS says about deposits:

Customer Deposits. We may require that you provide us with a refundable deposit (“Customer Deposit”) prior to or upon the activation or reactivation of the Service. We may also require an additional Customer Deposit after activation of the Service if you fail to pay any amounts when due hereunder or seek to upgrade your Service. We may apply Customer Deposits against any unpaid amounts at any time. Within ninety (90) days of termination of Service, we shall return a sum equal to the Customer Deposit, without interest unless otherwise required by law, minus any amounts due on your account including, without limitation, any amounts owed to us for unreturned or damaged Equipment

0 Likes
Re: Deposit
jonjones1
Legend

@Llamp wrote:

This just happened to me ad well. Am thinking of canceling the install.  It is such a scam!

It’s not a scam. It has nothing to do with scamming it has to do with your credit worthiness and financial factors. The company does not want the hassle of giving you service and then have to fight etc. to have a person pay.

we all have to start a good credit history this is just one way to get it on the right track.

after a year you get it back with on time payments. 

0 Likes
Re: Deposit Charged in Error
jonjones1
Legend

@Llamp wrote:

Shame on Verizon.

I placed an internet order for the Triple Play last week.  I got an email telling me to call a certain number to finalize my order.  The agent told me a $250 deposit was necessary to schedule the installation.   When I asked why she could not tell me why.  She gave me the number of the credit department and when I spoke to them they told me my order was clear and I should not have been charged a deposit.  I immediately requested a refund. The agent told me there was no way to issue a credit; the order would haveto be canceled and I would need to reorder. However, the package price was more 2 days later when I checked on line.   What a scam!!!  I am reconsidering if I want to business with a company like this.  Contemplating staying with Cable and cancellng the installation.

I see where you wrote in another section of the forum. Which I answered.

the deposit is charged when the credit score, or new credit, or little credit, employment length, residence length kicks in a security deposit required. It is not just for your situation.

You have options. First how was this deposit taken from you? Was it by credit card? If via this method you call up your credit card company and have them do a chargeback because it was a fraud transaction. The card issuer will place it back on your credit limit. Secondly, if you paid by bank debit card this also can be reversed by simply calling your bank or credit union and filing out there Bank form. This money will be returned to your account. However many times a bank/credit union will require you to sign a document stopping any future debts from the company you disputed.

It is doubtful the credit department could not reverse the transaction but chose not to since they have your money and will now make you jump hoops to get it back.

Just do as I told you and get it back.

Additionally never do auto pay, nor keep any debit or credit card on file since companies not just Verizon like to hit them up for extra things like price increases, equipment non Returns, back or past due invoices. Use the pay once feature on the account portal.

0 Likes