Disappointing experience -- and I was calling to upgrade my service!
simplescreennam

I had a very dissappointing experience with Verizon support today. I think its important to note up front, that I called to upgrade my service and wanted to pay Verizon more more, both in one-time fees and monthly, but somehow it has ended up with me being unable to upgrade my service and feeling moderately offended.

I originally called in order to ad an additional cable box and WiFi extender, which would need a new coaxial cable run. Technician fees were fine, as was the minor increase in monthly fee. I knew it would take a couple weeks to get a weekend date and was fine when Nov 23 was offered, however that couldn't  be booked for unknown reasons. However then a Nov 3 appointment was available, but then that could not be booked either. I will say that this first women was trying to be helpful and was kind, but clearly there was some technological/process issue that she was encountering. She said she would try and get an appointment and call me back.

I look at the Verizon FIOS app and notice a follow-up call (ID-266028-53) has been scheduled for 3pm ET on the same day. I thought "GREAT!", she figured out how to get the technician booked. By 3:15pm I had not received a call, so I called Verizon FIOS. We start back at ground zero, explain all the same things. But again unable to book appointment. I ask to cancel which ensues a number of longer pauses and a phone call with his supervisor that was extremely strange.

I am left feeling extremely dissatisfied and, frankly, misled. During these conversations I was quote multiple different prices for the exact same changes. Promised various things with no follow through on Verizon's end. Finally had a conversation with a supervisor that was extremely strange -- I can only say that I hung up feeling as though the purpose of her job was to be confusing, unhelpful, and get me off the phone.... and we did get disconnected multiple times from her side during this!

If you are able to help me I am willing to give it a shot... All I'd like to do is get an additional cable box and WiFi extender installed wiht additional cable. I am fine wiht the $150-175 install fee for the technician and increase of $2-15 in monthly.

With hope,

Chris

0 Likes
Re: Disappointing experience -- and I was calling to upgrade my service!
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi simplescreennam,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes