Disputing a Charge
jeme624
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been disputing a charge of $321.00 for labor that we were not aware until reviewing our bill online.  We had a home remodeling project that after aggressive sales campaign FIOS assured us will not be a problem.  During construction, Verizon techs came twice and moved the FIOS box and told us to call when construction is finished to put the box on the permanent location on the house.  Made the appointment, gave us 12 - 5 window, tech showed up 5:30 pm, took a break before starting the work, came back after 45 mins, started the work until almost 10 pm.  Now we are being charged for $91 for first half hour and 5 hours at $46/hr.  Now can someone explain why we are paying 5-1/2 hour for a work that can only be done in 30 mins?  I called customer services and disputing the charges on 4/8 and was promised a call back next day but did not happen.  I received my bill for $886.20 today 5/12 so I called to follow up.  Reps are not helpful.  I was told they paid the technician already and we have to pay the bill.  Verizon did not disclose that there will be charge to put back the box they moved.  Techs came twice but no charges.  We are disputing the $321 labor charges but the service reps are not very helpful.  Yes they apologized for not following up on my dispute but offered no help.

0 Likes
Re: Disputing a Charge
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

Moving an ONT after it is installed is 100% billable to the customer. Your only issue is how much time did it take to actually move it.

0 Likes
Re: Disputing a Charge
jeme624
Enthusiast - Level 1

Technically the box or what you call it ONT is only suspended up on the wall where it should be permanently placed.  No wiring from the service line to the house is not necessary.   Our house is pre-wired and are all connected to the FIOS box.  If it is billable to the customer, the point is it was not disclosed and amount of time billed was onerous to the customer in terms of the amount.  You are right, the amount of time is the issue and I would like a time measurement of what was done if we had all the connections/service going.

0 Likes