Don't sell someone on something that'll never be fulfilled or fixed.
Bjm092

Back in late October 2020, I was moving to a new location. I put in a request to move my services, doing so over Live Chat. My rates had gone up obviously, as well as my free Disney+ Add-On would be expiring in late November. The agent I chatted with gave me an offer that was cheaper which gave me more Mbps internet and Disney+. I asked if I would be getting the Add-On again for another year. I was informed yes, which sold me on the offer. After moving, and the service was installed. I went on Live Chat again to figure out how to unsubscribe from my current Disney+ subscription to the new one. I was told that it was a one time offer. Asked why there was a new reference number on my dashboard. I was told that must be a mistake. I processed to express that's not what I was sold on. The conversation went nowhere. The following morning, I called customer service and spoke to a gentleman. That informed me that the person I chatted with was mistaken and that all I had to do was unsubscribe from Disney+ and add the new reference number that was on my dashboard on my account because its a new service. I recently tried to do so myself, but got nowhere. When I received my bill the charge of my Add-On was on my bill. Thinking it would be an easy task to correct this issue, I went back on chat to see if an agent would help me. I was told that there is no problem and would be taken care of. The agent had me go through the steps to correct the billing issue. Then unsubscribed me to my expired Add-On and that I would be all set to use my new reference number that was sitting in limbo for over the past month. Went back to my dashboard to take care of it. It had been taken down. Didn't realize that the agent over chat took down the offer I hadn't yet used. I then called customer service to explain my situation. I was told there was nothing that could be done on her end. I was then told I should have just deleted my actual disney+ account. after that was told that I should have never received that offer because it's a one time offer. As the conversation went on, I was told I unsubscribed from my Add-On; I explained that is correct, but I was trying to resubscribe with my new reference number with my new service. Finally was told I never received that offer. The agent then gave me a credit on my account for this months charge, which was already taken care of by the agent over Live chat. But at that point, I was being called a lair by the customer service rep. No one at Verizon has given me a straight answer on this situation. I would have never agreed to an offer that I can or cannot use? In the process of contacting someone higher up. At this point its over principle and ethics, not the money. Even if this was a one time offer. I had a reference number to use on the website sitting on my dashboard with an expiration date of next year. Don't sell someone on something that'll never be fulfilled or fixed.

0 Likes
Re: Don't sell someone on something that'll never be fulfilled or fixed.
Cang_Household
Community Leader
Community Leader

You can contact somebody higher up.

As a general suggestion: when I order something, I always kindly ask the customer service representative to repeat what am I trying to do or achieve. That way, it decreases the chance for misunderstanding.

0 Likes
Re: Don't sell someone on something that'll never be fulfilled or fixed.
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Bjm092,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page and then clicking the envelope icon that appears at the top of the menu. Response times may vary and may be delayed at this time. Please continue to check your Inbox for a reply from a Verizon agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes