Double billing
Wiggysdad

Several months ago I switched to FIOS/digital phone bundle from DSL/POTS bundle.  Since then I have been double billed for both the new service and the old service, for a total of about $200 a month rather than the $90 I was quoted.  After each bill I called and spent hours on the phone, but the double billing continues (although there have been various credits insufficient to compensate).  I have sent a detailed letter to the payment address (with a certified mail receipt) but have had no response and just received another double bill.  How can I escalate this to someone who will read my letter and fix it?

0 Likes
Re: Double billing
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Wiggysdad,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes
Verizon persists in double billing me
Wiggysdad

Ever since I switched to FIOS Digital Voice Unlimited in August 2019 Verizon has been billing me not only for the new service but also for the Freedom Essentials and World Plan 500 service that it replaced.  In each month thrugh the January 2020 bill I spent hours on the phone, with the result that I have received numerous piecemeal credits more or less adding up to the overcharges (though the arithmetic has never been explained and I am not sure I got full credit).  Each time I was promised that the error would be corrected.  After I got the February bill I paid the amount shown as overdue even though I thought it was excessive, in the hope of starting with a clean slate.  But the February bill continued the double billing.  On February 19 I paid what I believed to be the correct amount by mail, together with an explanation and request for credit of the overcharge.   I never had any response to my letter.  I have now received a March 9 bill showing the overcharge as past due and again the double charge for the period 3/10 to 4/9.  Today (March 18) I received an email threatening to suspend my account unless I immediately pay the overcharge.  

How can I escalate high enough to get this fixed?

0 Likes
Re: Verizon persists in double billing me
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Wiggysdad,

Your issue has again been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Messenger Inbox for a message from a Verizon Support agent. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes