ETF Charged at a non service area move
cxshez

I have been a Verizon customer for years now . As an IT professional ,I opted in for the 50 MBPS FIOS . 

After 10 months , i had to move about a couple of miles away into an apartment , where Verizon only has a high speed (2MBPS) internet . I called in to get the service cancelled , and the representative on the phone told me there was no ETF incase if i took a Verizon home phone service . 

I told her i already have 4 phone lines and an Ipad on Verizon and another fios 50 mbps on my home in california . she confirmed there will be no ETF charged on the account . 

Now after a week of disconnecting the service , I am hit with a 97 $ ETF fees . I called in and Cathy (the manager) told me that this is a corporate policy and it cannot be waived .

The representative lied to me - or Cathy is lieing to me . Why is there such a conflict in their statements ? . I have seen people getting their fees waived because verizon not having the same service in the new location . 

I already pay verizon for 4 phone lines and a tablet ,which T-mobile will happily give me ETF to move to their service . Plus TimeWarner will pay me the ETF to change my service to theirs . Verizon has **bleep** me off soo badly that i am thinking to throw them out completely , i refuse to be ripped off . They will lose a 400 $ + spending customer every month for their stupid 100 $ ETF . And Cathy replied that she will be glad to . 

This is customer appreciation that you get from Verizon. 

0 Likes
Re: ETF Charged at a non service area move
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes