ETF added for upgrading to set top box
JoJo181

I'm a new subscriber as of 03-24-18. Signed up for TV and internet, selected digital adapter during online enrollment but was unaware that I couldn't acces On Demand with this. Chatted with agent for over an hour until the person figured out how to add a set top box to my plan. Received email the very next day stating that a $350.00 early termination fee was added for changing from digital adapter to set top box! Chatted with different agent for close to an hour w/o results. Only advice I received was to forward the email to customersupport@verizon.com, which I did on 03-28-18. To date I have not received a response and I am frustrated and upset that this issue is not resolved yet. Grateful for any advice in this matter!

0 Likes
Re: ETF added for upgrading to set top box
jonjones1
Legend

@JoJo18wrote:

I'm a new subscriber as of 03-24-18. Signed up for TV and internet, selected digital adapter during online enrollment but was unaware that I couldn't acces On Demand with this. Chatted with agent for over an hour until the person figured out how to add a set top box to my plan. Received email the very next day stating that a $350.00 early termination fee was added for changing from digital adapter to set top box! Chatted with different agent for close to an hour w/o results. Only advice I received was to forward the email to customersupport@verizon.com, which I did on 03-28-18. To date I have not received a response and I am frustrated and upset that this issue is not resolved yet. Grateful for any advice in this matter!

Well you have a 30 day satisfaction guarantee so since you are in that 30 days period.

call up and cancel. They cannot charge an early termination fee within that 30 day period.

call your local attorney generals office in your state. Also call or contact your states Public Utilities Commission or Public Service Commission who has regulatory authority over Verizon. Remember to save that customer guarantee since it is you out card.

there are other services out there you can use.

0 Likes
Re: ETF added for upgrading to set top box
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

0 Likes