ETF fee for moving when service isnt available in the new area?!?!
bigtimeslacker
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been a Verizon customer for years now . Unfortunately, because my job location changed recently, I was forced to move closer to my work - which apparently is in an area that is not serviced by Verizon at all. Up to this point I have been thrilled with my service from Verizon, but I am really confused and frustrated about the Early Termination Fee when it comes to me moving to an area that they do not service!

I have also gotten multiple answers depending on who I have talked to in the past few days...I started a chat and was told that no ETF would apply, but when I called in, I was told that an ETF WOULD apply... I would understand if this were a voluntary move, but I have no choice! Is there any possible way to waive the ETF fee? (Also, keeping a LAN line phone is not an option for me as I have no use for it and will cost me more in the long run)

I just want to get a straight answer from someone, I have talked to multiple people and the story keeps changing and I keep getting different answers...up until this point I was VERY satisfied with Verizons service and was hoping to change back over to them if they become available in the area i am moving to - but now I am not so sure...

Re: ETF fee for moving when service isnt available in the new area?!?!
gs0b
Community Leader
Community Leader

FYI, you're talking to other customers here.  If you want answers from Verizon you'll need to contact them through chat or phone.

If you have a copy of the agreement you signed, you may want to review it to determine the terms and conditions of the ETF.  That should help you understand what you should expect from Verizon.

Good Luck.

0 Likes
Re: ETF fee for moving when service isnt available in the new area?!?!
Telcoguru
Master - Level 1

You can read your terms of service and have your answer. http://www.verizon.com/about/terms/

0 Likes