Equipment Confusion During Move
jrg7891

I am receiving conflicting information from various Verizon support representatives regarding my exisitng Verizon equipment.

I recently moved and had my Verizon FiOS service moved from my old address to my new address.  I was originally told that my existing router would need to be returned and the technician would provide a new router when service was establised at the new address.  When the technician arrived, I was told the servie ticket indicated the previous equipment was to be reused.

Service is now setup at the new addres, with the old equipment (no new router was ever provided).  However, Verizon is asking me to return the old equipment.  There is no old equipment to return.

I've made multiple phone calls, had  online chat sessions and called the local Verizon store; each time I've been told something different.

Call center agents seem to have a difficult time udnerstanding my issue and I want to get this resolved before my account gets hit with a non-return fee on the router.

Can I please speak with a US Based Verizon Representative to resolve this issue?

Side Note: Upon moving, my bill was supposed to decrease, but the online bill is still showing the old rate.

0 Likes
Re: Equipment Confusion During Move
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.

Please go to your profile page here on the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.

Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions.

To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".

Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes