Equipment Return Problems
nock

I loved the Verizon fios service, but I had to move out of their service area recently.  They told me to go to the nearest UPS store and send in my equipment (modem/router and cable card), which I did.  I got a tracking number from UPS and it showed delivered over a month ago.  Since then I keep getting reminders to turn in my equipment or risk getting charged.   Unlike other threads where this has happened they never offered to send me a prepaid box to return the equipment.  Apparently this is a very common problem.  Also, every time I call support they say that no one is available because they are closed.  I request a call back in the morning or evening and never get a call.  I think that if this is a systemic issue and Verizon is actually charging for this returned equipment, but they just can't get their act together then this constitutes fraud. {please keep it relevant}  Does anyone have any tips?

0 Likes
Re: Equipment Return Problems
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes