Equipment return fraud
ika_123

Hi All,

I terminated service last year and returned all equipment at the Verizon store on 11/7/2017; I spite of that, I started receiving phone calls from Verizon claiming the equipment was not returned. I called Verizon multiple times and sent over copies of receipt and each time was assured this has been taken care of. Well, again I received a letter (dated 02/22/2018) threatening a charge of $500 if the equipment is not retuned!! Having read many similar messages from aggreviated former customers on this board, this happens routinely. I've wasted so much time (multiple calls/ time on hold, etc.) trying to get this resolved...and now 6months later I'm still dealing with it! This is outragous! Please help!

0 Likes
Re: Equipment return fraud
jonjones1
Legend

Don’t know what state you reside in but google your states attorney generals office they should have a consumer frauds and protection bureau within that agency.

you may also contact your states consumer protection board or Public Service Commission and they will be able to help you.

i can private message you another venue to pursue which cannot be posted on an open forum. 

0 Likes
Re: Equipment return fraud
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

This issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent.

0 Likes