Excessive! Returned Payment Fee of $30
Jennaviva
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have contacted Verizon FiOS two times in regards to this issue. I am being charged a $30 returned payment fee even though I process the payment immediately after receiving the notification. Representative stated my bank should give me a refund, however, there is no fee from my bank, the fee is from Verizon and is listed on my next bill. How do I remove/void this fee before my next bill. It seems excessive and more so under this circumstances when most ISP's are voiding these types of fees easily. 

Re: Excessive! Returned Payment Fee of $30
jonjones1
Legend

If you received notices via text or emails and you state you pay right away, you can not get a returned payment fee from Verizon since it’s not saying a late fee but a RETURNED PAYMENT FEE which means not enough money at the time you paid it.

make sure money is in your account prior to making the payment and insure the money stays in the account. The other way is to pay by credit card or cash at a verizon location.

0 Likes
Jennaviva
Enthusiast - Level 1

This isn't about me not having enough funds, I know I did not have enough funds. I am in a difficult situation and asked Verizon for an exception, the fact that they said my bank should return the fee is ridiculous, their next bill is $30 more because of this FEE. I've been paying my bill on time for months, and once again, asked it to be void only to be told this NOT SOMETHING VERIZON CAN DO! Void a fee on your own bill? Seriously? All other utility companies are making exceptions during this pandemic, give us a break. 

0 Likes
jonjones1
Legend

Those grace periods for COVID have since expired.

you state you knew you did not have the funds. It then is a legitimate fee that is being charged by Verizon.

as you said it’s not the banks fault. So they are not going to refund those charges since Verizon was/is justified in charging you.

0 Likes
rickygingy

It has nothing to do with not having enough funds ,it's because the numbers entered didn't go through .It's a ridiculous charge.

0 Likes
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

As this thread is now over two years old, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes