Extremely FRUSTRATING customer service
UpperTree

June 4th : random sales person visited my home and recommended to subscribe Fios internet service.  I agreed to subscribe the service and paid $100 deposit.

The installation date: When the installation technician came to my place, he had to have an access to my neighbor's garage to extend the cable.  I had to delay the installation because my neighbor was not home at the moment.

Meanwhile, I compared the monthly rate with the service that I was using, the Spectrum.  I decided to keep the Spectrum service and cancel the Fios installation. 

The issue arose in this stage when I called customer service to receive $100 deposit refund.  Over several times that I spoke with several different customer representatives, they said they cannot find my information.  I do not understand how I can still see my order number and account number on the Fios mobile application, but Fios customer service cannot see any information. I told the customer service that I can send all the proof documents to their email address, but they do not even provide the proper email address.  The service center did not provide any further guideline.  The customer service and their system must be extremely horrible.  What should I do in this context?

0 Likes
Re: Extremely FRUSTRATING customer service
jonjones1
Legend

I have a question “why did you pay $100 deposit”? And “in what manner was the payment made”? Verizon requires a deposit if the customer has poor credit or no credit. It’s called a security deposit. Why would a door to door salesman ask you for money?

if by check stop payment on it, if by credit card do a chargeback for that amount.

you must make sure what the $100 was for. Does it show on your online account? I cannot see how you would have a active account with no connection.

verizon does have a 30 day total satisfaction guarantee so your funds should be returned. However if you google it you will find Verizon does not refund immediately.

you must call and be adamant that your funds are to be returned. But only if Verizon can find your account. This should have been on emails Verizon sends to confirm service 

0 Likes
Re: Extremely FRUSTRATING customer service
kh-gary
Moderator Emeritus
Hi UpperTree,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents, who will be assisting you privately.
0 Likes