FIOS: HORRIBLE Re-Location Experience with Billing Info/Equipment
motaki1

I have relocated to a new state last month.   Prior to that I filled out the necessary online forms in prep of my move.  I also wanted to change my plans for T.V, Internet and Phone.   I succesfully changed my plan online and received 2 confirmations with a different estimated monthly projected bill.  I was confused so I called customer support and boy did that **bleep** sound condescending.  I asked her to explain why the price of the plan I chose was significantly lower than my confirmation bill.   I couldn't even remember/comprehend her explanation because it was all technical  bull**bleep**.  Am I an idiot? um if i am, i'm sure as hell a successful one.  I digress,  so i tried calling again a couple of days later but this time the gentleman I spoke to was much nicer and pleasant.   I ended up getting the plan I wanted for about $144 a month.  and i have that saved as a pdf A couple of days later I signed online to see that my information has not been updated (new address, new plan, etc)  I used online chat thinking this woud be a easy fix.  Well, i can't remember the details but basically I ended the chat in frustration because I couldn't get a simple answer why they haven't updated all of my information.   Even now my plan says that I don't have a plan... but yet I received a new bill this month for $44. (explanation below)

Now it has been a month, and i received a new bill for $44.  I thought this made sense because I was having ridiculous slow speeds this month and I was given a 15 day credit for my 75mpbs.  So, i paid for this month but the thing that doesn't make sense is that my bill shows the plan that I had in my old residence--When i looked at the details it shows that I removed almost everything--On top of that, my billing address, is still my old one.   Even trying to explain all of this is overly complicated.

Back to billing:  I see a note stating that equipment needs to be returned in 30 days or be charged.  I'm not sure if that's for me or if it was a general message for all users.  (pretty ambiguous).  ANY RATE, I sent their equpiment back so I better not be charged as this would be the last straw.   

The last 2 months has been a total nightmare.  Between incompetent billing and extermely below average internet speed, I feel totally helpless.

I have been recording all of my chats/conversations because I just can't trust verizon.  Resorting to social media is not something I'd be proud of doing but there's just no other choice.

FIX MY **bleep** GOD **bleep** IT...

0 Likes
Re: FIOS: HORRIBLE Re-Location Experience with Billing Info/Equipment
ElizabethS
Moderator Emeritus

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Before the agent can begin assisting you, they will need to collect further information from you.Please go to your profile page for the forum, and look in the middle, right at the top where you will find an area titled "My Support Cases". You can reach your profile page by clicking on your name beside your post, or at the top left of this page underneath the title of the board.
Under “My Support Cases” you will find a link to the private board where you and the agent may exchange information. This should be checked on a frequent basis as the agent may be waiting for information from you before they can proceed with any actions. To ensure you know when they have responded to you, at the top of your support case there is a drop down menu for support case options. Open that and choose "subscribe".
Please keep all correspondence regarding your issue in the private support portal.

0 Likes