FIOS extended my contract WITHOUT my permission
Gnome09

Yesterday I had to call Verizon`s billing department in order to follow up on an old issue. After I was told that my issue was not addressed by Verizon`s team at all I felt much better because that didin`t leave any doubt that I want to switch from Fios. Thus, I asked them to teminate my contract. The lady told me that she can do it but there will be a fee of $350 or something; I told her that I would rather wait then because I only had 15 more days left. Well, she told me I was wrong and I called them yesterday and asked to extend my contract. I never called them, neither my husband did; so I asked the phone number they received that call from. Unforunately, they were not able to provide it to me. I did told her that i had report of our calls made yesterday in front of me and there were not outgoing call to verizon- that didn`t make a difference; she said she can terminate for $350 and "it was already done, mam". In addition, she told me I received an email asking to accept the terms and that I obviously accepted it. Well, the only emails I received were emails that started with "thank you for your call" and confirming my new order(that contract extension). I told her that as well, but she kept saying "it was already done, mam". What a stress!!!!!!!!!!!!! Eventually they connected me with the supervisor and she was able to get everything back...It was nice, but I was still so shocked that someone (probably verizon itself) just extended my contract and I asked their supervisor to investigate or look at it. She was like---mm ok;(aka. yeah, westill think you extended it yourself).

0 Likes
Re: FIOS extended my contract WITHOUT my permission
Gnome09

UPDATE:

Today I realized that I was billed much more than usully. I was especially suspecious about $15 fee for the "Requested Change in Service". Turns out, when they extended my agreement for another 2 years they also changed my services: from Custom Sport to HD Preferred

Thus, I had to call them again and let them know that I didn`t place any orders on 07/24 to extend my agreement as well as change services. That is why they cancelled my agreement after I called them on 07/25. Unfortunately, their representatvie continued insisting that I called them and I extended my agreement as well as changed my services. I am tired of that accusation, so I offered them to send them a screenshot of emails I received from verizon as well as the phone record for everyone in our household. They refused. Thy just said I did call them and pronto.

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THEM. LOOKS LIKE THEIR NEW POLICY IS TO STEAL MONEY.

0 Likes
Re: FIOS extended my contract WITHOUT my permission
LawrenceC
Moderator Emeritus

Hi Gnome09,

Your issue has been escalated to a Verizon agent. Please check your Private Message Inbox for a message from Verizon_Support. You can find your Inbox by clicking on your username at the top right corner of this page. Please direct all correspondence concerning your issue to the agents who will be assisting you privately.

0 Likes